Chineese Language: Elementary Course
- Chinese Language: Elementary Course aims to provide students with a basic knowledge and competences of Mandarin Chinese (Putonghua) and focuses on the acquisition of practical communicative skills. It covers phonetics, hieroglyphics, basic grammar and essential vocabulary, allowing participants to communicate in Chinese on a limited range of daily topics. Participants will learn to recognize and write both simplified and traditional characters, develop the skills of comprehending and producing Chinese in speech and writing, use proper vocabulary and language structures. This is supplemented by guided independent learning supported by complementary material and regular feedback from the tutor.
- Demonstrate mastery of the normative phonetics of Chinese language (Putonghua).
- Read and write Chinese words using the Pinyin transcription system.
- Understand the fundamental rules of the Chinese script.
- Handwrite basic Chinese radicals.
- Handwrite Chinese characters in a correct stroke order.
- Recognize basic structural parts of both traditional and simplified characters components (as the radical or the phonetic parts).
- Make simple sentences with basic Chinese syntax.
- Speak simple sentences with correct grammar.
- Provide answers grammatically consistent with the questions.
- Conduct elementary communicative exchanges.
- Follow simple classroom instructions.
- Understand simple words, phrases, and short expressions aided by context and limited to learned vocabulary.
- Read and comprehend the elementary textbook materials in simplified characters within the studied vocabulary.
- Handwrite at an elementary level of proficiency.
- Type Chinese characters on the keyboard.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with various aspects of Chinese culture, literature, cinema and history.
- HomeworkAverage result of all home assignments includes handwriting of Chinese radicals, exercises on radicals and characters, control reading of syllables/ words/ sentences/ tongue twisters/ texts; lexical and grammatical exercises, translations of sentences; reading texts and answering questions/ making up situational dialogues; lexical and grammatical exercises.
- TestsAverage result of all modular tests and dictations of syllables, radicals and characters; lexical and grammatical tasks and questions.
- Exam (the 2nd module)Exam results including both oral and written parts. In the 2nd module students should read aloud Pinyin syllables; then listen a recording and write down the syllables they’ve heard. The written part consists of the test on the Chinese radicals. The students must write down Chinese radicals, their pronunciation and meaning, numer of strokes, stroke order, variants of the radicals; then discriminate and name radicals in the character.
- Exam (the 4th module)Exam results including both oral and written parts. In the 4th module the written part consists of three tasks: translation from and into Chinese, the task to find a grammatical or lexical mistake in the sentence. The oral part includes reading aloud and answering questions according to the text. The students should attend the exam according to the schedule sent by the teacher. Students take the written part first. The oral part should be taken after the oral part in synchronous mode. The retake procedure is similar to the exam procedure and involves the use of more complicated tasks.
- 2022/2023 2nd module0.6 * Exam (the 2nd module) + 0.24 * Tests + 0.16 * Homework
- 2022/2023 4th module0.24 * Tests + 0.16 * Homework + 0.6 * Exam (the 4th module)
- Developing Chinese : elementary comprehensive course (I) (+CD), , 2019
- Введение в китайский язык (Приложение к учебнику "Введение в китайский язык" ), Спешнев, Н.А., 2015
- Введение в китайский язык: Фонетика и разговорный язык (+CD), Спешнев, Н.А., 2008
- Введение в китайский язык. Фонетика и разговорный язык, Спешнев, Н.А., 2016
- Введение в китайскую иероглифику : Учебно-справочное издание, Сторожук, А.Г., 2017
- Contemporary Chinese for beginners.Dāngdài Zhōngwén. Textbook, Wu, Z., 2010
- Введение в китайский язык (Приложение к учебнику "Введение в китайский язык" ), Спешнев, Н.А., 2008