190068 Saint Petersburg
123 Griboedov channel, Room 123
190068 Saint Petersburg
123 Griboedov channel
The Department of History was created in 2012. The overarching goal of the department is systematic development of the field of global, comparative, and transnational history as a potent tool of overcoming the limitations of national history canon, fostering interdisciplinary dialogue in the field of social sciences and humanities, and brining new public relevance to historical knowledge. The department mission includes the development of new type of historical undergraduate and graduate education in Russia and pioneering new research fields in Russian historiography in dialogue with the global historical profession.
Cherkaev X., Tipikina E. N.
St. Petersburg: Borey Art Center, 2021.
The Soviet and Post-Soviet Review. 2022.
In bk.: The Oxford Handbook of Global Drug History. Oxford University Press, 2022. Ch. 20. P. 373-388.
Vlakhov A., Deresh A., Mironova E. et al.
Linguistics. WP BRP. НИУ ВШЭ, 2021. No. 108.
The session “Usable Pasts” is organized by Department of History, HSE University St. Petersburg. It aims at exploring the dynamic field of history featuring both the efforts of various disciplines in dealing with the pasts and interdisciplinary approaches within the discipline of history. The session embraces a broad variety of research themes, which deal with material objects in history and their meanings within the framework of heritage and memory studies on the one hand, and the politics of circulation of historically formed discourses of identity and legitimacy in present-day society, on the other hand.
- historical memory and historically-informed discourses of public politics and identity politics;
- nationalism, cultural heritage and nationalization of the past;
- comparative history of the imperial pasts, imperial diversity and imperial legacy;
- symbolic representations of history in post-imperial and post-colonial societies;
- studies of collective trauma and historical justice;
- cultural, natural and industrial heritage, including public museums, media space, use of nature in historical narratives and memory;
- history in interaction with other disciplines: environmental history, history of science, intellectual history, technological history, urban history, economic history, history and law. Contact: Evgeny Khvalkov email@example.com Usable Pasts_Programme_History.doc
Dates: 2-3.02.2017Location: Kantemirovskaya, 3a, St PetersburgAdditional information about the Forum