Entering the Russian Federation for studying in 2020-2021 during COVID-19 pandemic
As of October 26, 2020, the borders of the Russian Federation remain closed for the entry of most foreign citizens in accordance with the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of March 16, 2020 No. 635-r.
At the moment, only foreign citizens with citizenship or residence permits of the following countries can enter the territory of the Russian Federation in the status of international students:
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
- South Ossetia
- South Korea
The list will be updated as new orders of the Government will be issued. Also, we recommend that you follow the updates on the official website of the Government of the Russian Federation
In regard with stated above, we strongly recommend the following:
• DO NOT enter for the purpose of entry other than "study" (for example, for medical treatment, private visit etc);
• Do not attempt to transit through opened countries (UK, Turkey etc.);
• Do not try to illegally cross the border, hoping that you will be lucky;
• Wait until the official opening of the borders with the country of your citizenship
Despite the current restrictions on entry, the management of the Higher School of Economics in St. Petersburg has developed and approved an entry procedure for international students effective from August 25, 2020.
International students entering the Russian Federation must:
1) Provide a negative test for coronavirus by PCR, done no earlier than 3 days before entering the Russian Federation (according to the Decree of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation No. 22 dated July 27, 2020
2) Observe 14-day isolation from the moment of entry into the Russian Federation with a PCR test for coronavirus on the 10th day (according to the Recommendations for the prevention of new coronavirus infection (COVID-19) in educational institutions of higher education, approved on July 29, 2020
Those living in HSE dormitories submit test results to the dormitory administration, those living at private addresses send test results electronically to the International Students Support Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In the conditions of self-isolation, migration registration this academic year will be carried out remotely. Read the full procedure for migration registration, and mind that this is the most important process, which is important to pay attention to immediately after crossing the border in order to avoid any fines, sanctions or even deportation for violation of migration laws.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.