Eat To Survive at HSE
It is obvious that living a healthy lifestyle for a student can become an extremely difficult task.
Here are some tips for students who want to make their everyday lives healthier. It doesn’t matter what type of diet you are stuck to. Following these simple rules can significantly improve your well-being and increase your productivity level.
- Replace junk food, flour products, sweets and drinks containing refined sugar on healthy equivalents. Buy nut butter, different types of cereals and grains, fruits, vegetables, and mushrooms. Don’t forget about spices. It sounds trivial but keeping these products in your house means consciously making your diet more balanced and healthy.
- If you don’t have time to prepare food in advance or an opportunity to cook, choose healthy snacks instead of highly processed food. Here are some snacks alternatives which you can take with you and eat when you don’t have time:
- dried fruits (there shouldn’t be any sugar in the list of ingredients)
- fresh fruits or berries mix. You can dress it with tahini paste or plain yogurt.
- protein bars. Do not go too far with them. One bar or cookie is enough if you are not exercising to gain muscle mass.
- Try to drink less coffee and tea during the day. If it is difficult to completely exclude these drinks, try to choose a specific part of the day and enjoy them slowly.
- If sometimes you start noticing heaviness in your stomach, eat fewer dairy products in a day. If you love cottage cheese and yogurts – eat them, but replace animal milk with nut/coconut/oat/ soy milk. Be sure to check if your general state improves after that. Always listen to the signals your body gives you.
- Try not to avoid breakfast. Avoiding breakfast is especially bad for students because they have higher mental activity and often struggle with stressful situations. And don’t eat in a rush! It is better to get up earlier and calmly enjoy your meal. Otherwise, you will feel heavy even have nausea.
- It’s ok to have something not healthy sometimes if it helps you to relieve stress. However, make sure that you are not getting used to it. Don’t make the buns sweets and chocolates your only way to handle problems.
- Do not eat for the sake of encouraging yourself and do not practice stress-eating to block off some negative emotions. Tell your loved ones about your feelings!
We wish you have a healthy body full of energy and love. Let’s eat to survive at HSE together!