- The aim is to make students familiar with the structure of the educational programs, assist in their choice of the topic for the term paper and with the further work on that paper.
- Able to analyze, verify, evaluate the completeness of information in the course of professional activity, if necessary, fill in and synthesize the missing information
- Able to improve and develop his intellectual and cultural level, build a trajectory of professional development and career
- Able to independently build strategies for presenting the results of their professional activities, including in a public format, based on the selection of appropriate information and communication technologies and information dissemination channel
- Able to independently prepare summarizing analytical materials (reviews, notes, reports, reports, recommendations, etc.) and proposals for decision-makers in the political sphere
- Able to search for information and solve problems of professional activity using modern information and communication technologies and software
- Able to work with modern scientific literature (including literature in English), analyze the state and development trends of political science
- Building individual trajectory
- Term paper: Intro
- Term paper
- Assessment of the 1st year trajectory
- Participation in class discussionsActivity in the class during seminars: students are expected to ask meaningful questions and participate in group discussions. Attendance of classes as such doesn't count as activity.
- Assignments1st year students have to submit three written papers, in which they develop their term paper step-by-step 2nd year students have to submit the first version of the project proposal of their thesis. It will be then discussed in the class
- Presentation of the term project
- Final exam 2nd yearStudents have to submit the revised version of their project proposal
- 2021/2022 4th module0.3 * Assignments + 0.4 * Participation in class discussions + 0.3 * Presentation of the term project
- 2022/2023 2nd module0.2 * Participation in class discussions + 0.4 * Assignments + 0.4 * Final exam 2nd year
- Janet M. Box-Steffensmeier, Henry E. Brady, & David Collier. (2008). The Oxford Handbook of Political Methodology. OUP Oxford.
- Keating, M., & Della Porta, D. (2008). Approaches and Methodologies in the Social Sciences : A Pluralist Perspective. Cambridge University Press.
- Manzo, G. (2014). Analytical Sociology : Actions and Networks. Hoboken: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=714658