1. Motivation letter of the candidate
The motivation letter should cover the following areas:
- education and practical experience of the candidate (work experience before bachelor's degree is not necessary to indicate);
- the purpose of studying at the master programme, what tasks it will solve;
- the reasons why the candidate wants to study according to the selected master's programme at the Higher School of Economics;
- professional plans for the future after graduation;
- a detailed description of an exemplary media project, which can be carried out following the results of graduate studies (for applicants for a managerial track) and an analytical project (for candidates for an analytical track). In the latter case, it is permissible to be guided by a research project.The total volume of the letter is 3500-5000 characters with spaces (the section on the project is at least 1500 characters).
3. Documents confirming experience in the media and / or in the field of culture / creative industries (museums, cinema, advertising, show business, etc.)
- for the media: certified transcripts - printouts of media materials (no more than 10), certified by the editorial office (signature and seal);
- for other types of creative industries: description of projects carried out with the participation of the applicant (providing links to the media with a description of the project and / or on the project website on the Internet;a cover letter, certified by the project manager, describing the nature, timing, type of work being performed / performed by the candidate.
- published articles, abstracts, conference reports (in scientific journals, conference proceedings, etc.) - obtaining a photocopy to identify the fact, nature, year of publication;
- programs of conferences, symposia, etc. with the data included in them for the authorship of the applicant;
- certificates of participation in scientific events (conferences, etc.); - Letters from laboratories confirming the applicant's participation in collective projects, etc. with an indication of the volume, type, work done, certified by the leadership of the laboratories.
- potential audience (its specificity) or features of the proposed media platform;
- description of the concept (fundamental features of the project, its application from implementation);
- the specificity of the drama of an individual program and / or the project as a whole ("branded" dramatic moves), the regularity of the program's release and timing).
7. Documents confirming participation in a specialized winter school (journalism, management).
8. Documents confirming additional achievements of the applicant:
- certificates of awarding personal scholarships (the president of the Russian Federation, the rector of the university, any Fund);
- certificates of participation in internships, summer schools, competitions, etc .;
- language certificates (certificates with an appropriate level of DALF / DELF, IELTS, TOEFL, DSH / DaF are counted instead of the language entrance exams)