Visa Invitation Letter for Foreign Nationals
Any formal unit of HSE St.Petersburg may officially invite a foreign national (a student, an intern, a guest lecturer etc.).
There are two ways to obtain an Invitation Letter for Russian visa:
- An invitation issued by The Ministry of Internal Affairs (which former Federal Migration Office is now part of) https://en.mvd.ru/ A State Fee for an official invitation (issued by The Ministry of Internal Affairs (which former Federal Migration Office is now part of) for Russian visa is 800 rubles. The fee may be paid in any Sberbank. Please send an inquiry about the ways of payment and payment details to email@example.com
- An invitation issued by HSE – St.Petersburg signed by the Director. This type of invitation may be provided to the citizens of the EU (except the UK and Ireland), USA (some categories), Japan, India, China, Iran. Only humanitarian visas may be obtained with this kind of invitation. The invitation issued free of charge! No fee is implied.
Preparation of the Application
An application for an invitation letter is made by the formal unit of HSE St.Petersburg, wishing to invite a foreign national. It is advised to mind the following steps:
- Please send an application for an invitation in English to a foreign national you would like to invite. If a foreign national speaks Russian, it is possible to send him/her an application in Russian.
- Prepare an application in Russian. It must include the full name of the unit representative, full title of the unit and a mobile phone of the representative, responsible for the visit. The application should be signed by the Head of the unit (department, academic programme, dean etc)
Application Form for Visa Invitation (RU)
Please add the following attachments to the application:
- Scan of the passport of the guest (a page with as photo):
A copy should be clear are readable;
For guest lecturers or researchers: An expiration date of the passport should not be earlier than 6 months after the expiration of a prospective Russian visa.
For students, interns, employees: An expiration date of the passport should not by earlier than 18 months since the beginning of a prospective Russian visa;
The passport should have at least 4 blank pages;
- If a multiple entry visa is required, it is necessary to provide a scan of previous Russian visas(s).
IMPORTANT: If the invitation is required by a person of a country of the Migration Risk, who will apply for the visa outside the country of citizenship, it is necessary to provide a copy of the residence permit (or a copy of the visa) and the original of notarized translation of this document. The translation should be made either a certified translator in Russia or a certified translator in a nearest Russian consulate.
The documents should be provided to the Centre for International Education. The residence permit should be valid at least 6 months after the expiration of a prospective Russian visa.
IMPORTANT: if an invitation letter for a family member(s) is required, a scan apostil of the marriage certificate/birth certificate and a notarized original should be provided.
For more information please contact Centre for International Education.
Applying for an Invitation Letter
A scan copy of a filled out application form (in Russian) and the attachments are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
State Fee for an Invitation Letter
A State Fee for an official invitation (issued by The Ministry of Internal Affairs (which former Federal Migration Office is now part of) for Russian visa is 800 rubles. The fee may be paid in any Sberbank. Please send an inquiry about the ways of payment and payment details to email@example.com
The processing time for invitation letters issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs is up to 35 calendar days.
The processing time for invitation letters issued by HSE St.Petersburg is around 3-4 business days (may slightly vary).
Sending of an Invitation Letter
Once ready, the original of an invitation letter may be picked up from the Centre for International Education by the applicant (a representative of the applicant).
Express delivery of the original is organized by the applicant him(her)self.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!