The first issue of the "History HSE" is out
"History HSE" is a peer-reviewed quarterly academic journal managed by the School of History at the Faculty of Humanities at the HSE. Alexander Semyonov, director of the Center for Historical Research, is member of the editorial board of the journal.
"History HSE" is a peer-reviewed quarterly academic journal. It is managed by the School of History at the Faculty of Humanities at the HSE.
The journal’s mission is to advance the development of scholarly knowledge in history by disseminating the results of innovative research and providing a space for an exchange of opinions between historians and specialists from related disciplines and subjects. The articles published in the journal introduce specialists to new academic methods and stimulate interdisciplinary, comparative, and global studies that align with the HSE’s priorities.
The following areas of research are of particular interest for the journal:
- the theory and history of historical science; history of ideas, science, and concepts; source science/ source criticism; historiography
- social and cultural history, history of art, historical anthropology, the social history of wars and conflicts
- the history of everyday life, emotions, crime, smells, colors, death, childhood, time, sexuality, and other subject fields in the new social and cultural history;
- macro- and microhistory, historical sociology, comparative, transnational, and global history
- new political and new institutional history
- economic and new economic history
- public history, gender studies, memory studies, genocide studies, film and history, historical game studies, digital history, and other interdisciplinary subjects;
- auxiliary sciences of history
The journal also accepts reviews of recently published studies (monographs, collective monographs, collections of articles), educational and reference books, and reports on recent academic events. History HSE accepts manuscripts in English and Russian. All papers are uploaded onto the journal’s website.
For more information, please visit the official website of "History HSE".