Innovating in the Public Sector
- The objectives of the discipline are the following: 1. to get knowledge of innovation in the public sector and means of promoting; 2. to get skills in the development and application of innovations in the public sector; 3. to get skills of assessment of innovation in the public sector.
- Students acquire knowledge concerning the opportunities for the introduction of the new technologies and approaches to managing innovative processes in the public sector. Students are encouraged to explain the peculiarities of innovations in public administration in different countries; to evaluate public sector innovations in Russia
- To show understanding of the regulatory framework for introducing innovations in the activities of the public sector
- To show understanding of the concept and principles of innovation in the public sector
- To show knowledge of international standards for assessing public sector innovation
- To show knowledge of Russian practice of assessing innovations in the public sector
- Theoretical framework of public sector innovationsHistory of innovation research in the public sector (1970-1990s, 2000-2020s). Innovation in the private and public sectors: similarities and differences. Typology of public sector innovations.
- Tools and goals of innovations in governanceThe role of public management in innovation development. Key stakeholders of public sector innovations. Implementation of public sector innovation: new standards.The infrastructure of innovations: digitalization, Big Data, E-governance. Challenges and barriers for innovations in public sector.
- Regulatory framework for public sector innovationsState (Federal) innovation program of the Russian Federation. Regulatory framework for the organization of purchases for state needs of science products and advanced technology. Legal and regulatory framework for the transition to e-government. Legal support for the creation of a unified federal personnel reserve.
- International standards for assessing of public sector innovationsEvolution of innovation metrics. OECD Reviews of Innovation Policy. E-government Development Index.
- Russian practices for assessing of public sector innovationsMain approaches to assessing of innovations in the public sector in the Russian Federation. Monitoring of e-government services in the Russian Federation. Electronic monitoring of the state and municipal procurement system.
- Home task
- Final examIn the case of a high grade for the essay and homework of 8-10 points, the student is exempted from writing the final test. Her/his resulting grade will be equal to the accumulated
- Paths of public innovation in the global age : lessons from Scandinavia, Veggeland, N., 2007
- Unceta, A., & Barandiarán, X. (2019). Social Innovation as an instrument for Public Innovation. Universia Business Review, (61), 100–111. https://doi.org/10.3232/UBR.2019.V16.N1.04
- Drumaux, A. (2018). Strategic Management for Public Governance in Europe [Elektronische Ressource] / by Anne Drumaux, Paul Joyce. London: Palgrave Macmillan. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edswao&AN=edswao.495046760
- Public Innovation Capacity: Developing and Testing a Self-Assessment Survey Instrument. (2019). International Journal of Public Administration, 617. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsnar&AN=edsnar.oai.dspace.library.uu.nl.1874.380702
- Technology, innovations and growth, Sengupta, J. K., 2011