- Get acquainted to the basic approaches of organizing optimal distribution network
- Familiarize with the core logistics models and methods in order to organize intermediaries, transport and warehouse collaboration within the distribution logistics system
- Get used to practical case study in the field of SCM
- Manage self-study investigation on the given topic
- Research the peculiarities of logistic techniques used in retail distribution networks
- Understand the challenges of uncertain economic environment in order to discuss ongoing research while using various concepts from the materials offered in the course
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and critical understanding of theories, principles, concepts and methodologies of distribution logistics
- Use strong analytical skills and apply them to reflect on distribution network design decisions while using a quantitative tool
- Familiarize with the demand-driven frameworks and tools
- Logistic distribution systemLogistic distribution system: types and descriptions. Objectives of distribution logistics. Product assortment and specialization. The development of logistics theory models and methods. Risks and ways to avoid them in distribution. Gartner hype cycle. Resource distribution: statement of the task and ways of solving the problem.
- Basic approaches to organizing optimal distribution networkProject management and scheduling. Logistics strategies in distribution. Optimization methods in solving distribution network design. Benchmarking: solving the organizational issues in distribution worldwide, best practices. Discounted cash flow analysis and evaluating network design decisions in distribution network. Decision tree methodology.
- Creating value-adding networksCost and value advantages in distribution. Lean synchronization. Value-added operations on logistics. Customer value. Products and service supply in perfect synchronization with the demand, JIT principles.
- Retail logistics networksTypes of retail distribution systems. Reengineering a distribution network, allocating and designing a warehouse. Distribution centers in a retail network. Managing inventory in retail
- The demand-driven supply chainVision for the demand-driven supply chain. Demand-driven tools and techniques. Achieving strategic fit. Putting the end customer first. Development of the marketing perspective on supply chain management. Market segmentation. Efficiency assessment attitudes and examples of analytical models.
- Intermediaries in distribution logistics systemLogistics intermediaries, their role and place in logistics system. Functions and tasks of logistics intermediaries. Cooperation of Logistics intermediaries. Outsourcing of logistics services.3PL, 4PL. Choosing Logistics intermediaries: analytical models.
- Transport support and resilience of supply chainsChoosing a carrier, modeling routes. Ways of transportation. Peculiarities of logistics service in distribution, service level. Resilience and reliability of the supply chain.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.4 * Individual task: report on the agreed topic + 0.6 * Written Exam
- Yang, X., Hao, W., & Lu, Y. (2018). Inventory slack routing application in emergency logistics and relief distributions. Plos One, 13(6), e0198443. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0198443
- Mi Gan, Shuai Yang, Dandan Li, Mingfei Wang, Si Chen, Ronghui Xie, & Jiyang Liu. (2018). A Novel Intensive Distribution Logistics Network Design and Profit Allocation Problem considering Sharing Economy. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/4678358