Project Seminar "SWOT Analysis"
- The aim of the project seminar "SWOT-analysis" is to introduce students to a set of tools for conducting a strategic analysis of a company's activities, to train students to apply these tools to fulfil various sets of tasks, and help them to develop teamwork skills.
- to know the methodological foundations of primary and extended SWOT analysis and be able to apply the method as an analytical tool;
- be able to independently select, systematize and critically analyze primary and secondary information on management practices, as well as apply scientific literature on topical issues of modern management;
- be able to apply the tools of PESTEL-analysis, conduct Porter's five competitive forces analysis, identify a company's key success factors;
- be able to conduct a high-quality and consistent primary and extended SWOT analysis and develop recomendations for strategic development for companies of various forms of ownership;
- be able to organize teamwork, distribute responsibility, coordinate and control the work of team members;
- be able to publicly present and defend project results.
- Part 1. Introduction to the project seminar "SWOT-analysis" - 2h
- Part 2. Analysis of the external macro environment of the company - 2 ac. hours
- Part 3. Analysis of the external macro environment of the company - 2 ac. hours
- Part 4. Analysis of the external microenvironment of the company, identification of KSF- 2-3 ac. hours
- Part 5. SWOT analysis as a tool for strategic analysis - 3-4 ac. hours
- Part 6. Effective presentations - 2 ac. hours
- Quizzes with theoryКвизы по каждой теме теории - в начале каждого занятия. Не пересдаются.
- Quiz-practiceQuiz with questions from practice
- Cornelius de Kluyver, & John A. Pearce. (2015). Strategic Management : An Executive Perspective: Vol. First edition. Business Expert Press.
- Porter, M. E. (1998). Competitive Strategy : Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors (Vol. [New ed.]). New York: Free Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1964532
- Porter, M. E., Kramer, M. R., & Magretta, J. (2014). Strategy and Competition : The Porter Collection. Harvard Business Review Press.