• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

Submitting International Certificates to Enter the University

Foreign undergraduate programmes applicants are now able to evaluate international certificates in English and mathematics. The opportunity is open for those who enter paid places in a competition for foreign citizens. Read more to learn the steps of evaluation.

What international exams certificates can be evaluated?

In English language:

  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS);
  • iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
  • Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE);
  • Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE);
  • Business English Certificate Higher (BEC H).


  • Advanced Placement Test in Calculus AB or Calculus BC;
  • Advanced Level (A-Level) Mathematics or Further Mathematics;
  • International Baccalaureate (IB) (Mathematics, standard level, higher level, further mathematics, higher level).

Conversion Chart for English

Conversion Chart for Mathematics

How long are the exam results valid?

All the certificates issued after September 1, 2017 are valid for admission to the HSE.


How to use your certificate

Register your HSE Applicant's Account and get an identification number.

Send a request for the certificate evaluation using this form. The request has to be sent to email iadmission-spb@hse.ru.

Send another request to the organization where you passed the international exam, ask them to send a certificate with your results to HSEemail iadmission-spb@hse.ru, or mail  to 190068, St. Petersburg, nab. Channel Griboyedov, d.123, p.4, 216, Centre for International Education, Dilyara Shaidullina.

If you have a Cambridge certificate (CAE, CPE, BEC H), you must provide a Candidate ID number and a code number (four digits). This information can be found in the test registration confirmation letter or at the test center.

Warning: the certificate must be submitted to the HSE no later than August 20, 2019.

How do we convert exam results into HSE points

Conversion tables for each exam are available here.

All international exams levels and grading scales will be recalculated according to a 100-point HSE system.

International certificate or HSE internal exam: what to choose?

If you have already passed the HSE exams, but the results turned out to be lower than the results at your certificate, then you can still use the certificate evaluation option. In other words, you can pass both internal and international exams - and then choose the better result.

If you have already registered for the HSE's internal exam, but then decided to use an international certificate instead, you have to send a message to the moderator at your HSE HSE Applicant's Account about canceling the registration for the exam.