Global Processes and International Economic Relationships in EEU and Eurasia
Котляров Иван Дмитриевич
- To get students acquainted with main trends of economic and political development of Eurasia, including factors underlying these trends, their modern state and potential prospects. Special attention will be given to EEU and “One belt – one road” project.
- Students have knowledge of theoretical foundations of economic, political, military and cultural integration.
- Students have knowledge of specific features of economic, political, military and social processes in the region.
- Students are able to take decisions and to give advice on the basis of the knowledge of the situation in the region.
- Topic 1. History of integration in Asia: a general overview
- Topic 2. Modern political, economic and military situation in Eurasia
- Topic 3. EEU: political, economic and military profile
- Topic 4. “One belt – one road”: China beyond China
- Topic 5. Interaction with other regions
- Topic 6. Prospects of development and external threats
- Final presentationThe exam is to be held in oral form on the Zoom online platform. It is necessary to login 5 minutes before the exam is due to begin. Please check your Internet connection and Zoom on your computer in advance. To participate in the exam, student is obliged to turn on the camera and the microphone. During the exam it is forbidden to turn off the camera. If the connection break does not exceed 2 minutes, it will be regarded as a brief connection break. Otherwise, it will be regarded as a longer connection break and will entail the exam cessation. The retake procedure is identical to the exam procedure
- Group presentations
- Individual task
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.25 * Final presentation + 0.25 * Group presentations + 0.25 * Individual task + 0.25 * Test
- Batra, A. (2012). Regional Economic Integration in South Asia : Trapped in Conflict? Hoboken: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=513586
- Arner, D. W., Hu, W., & Buckley, R. P. (2011). East Asian Economic Integration : Law, Trade and Finance. Cheltenham, U.K.: Edward Elgar Publishing. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=387814
- Towards monetary and financial integration in East Asia / ed. by Koichi Hamada; Beate Reszat; Ulrich Volz. (2009). Cheltenham: Elgar. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edswao&AN=edswao.306735636