Business ethics and sustainable development
- To argue about vital ethical issues using sound theory and strong logic instead of emotions and conventional moral.
- To resist from making an error in a situation of ethical choice and persuading others from making it.
- To explain any observable behavior of businessmen and managers in real situations of ethical choice.
- To manage ethics and sustainable development in a company using modern concepts and instruments (designing ethical codes, measurement and management systems for ethical conduct, preparing social reports)
- Introduction to ethics
- Ancient Ethical Theories
- Evolutionary Ethics
- Modern ethical theories
- CSR, Sustainability and ESG
- Managing Ethics in the Market
- Mechanisms of Unethical Behavior
- Management of ethics in a company
- Ethics of price, quality, and market power
- Ethics of Personal Data and AI
- Ethics of Advertising
- Ethics of Personnel Management
- Ethics of Finance
- Ethics of Relationships with Suppliers
- Class ActivityParticipation of a student in seminar discussions
- Video or essay on a given topic
- Interactive group presentation of the topicStudents are divided into small groups (2-3 people) and prepare a short presentation (10 minutes maximum) - the main points of the week's topic.
- Exam Test40 multiple choice questions, 60 minutes
- 2023/2024 1st module0.3 * Class Activity + 0.3 * Video or essay on a given topic + 0.2 * Interactive group presentation of the topic + 0.2 * Exam Test
- Becker, C. U. (2019). Business Ethics : Methods and Application. New York: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1982142
- Cam Caldwell. (2020). Business Ethics: Perspectives, Management and Issues. Nova.
- David M. Wasieleski, & James Weber. (2019). Business Ethics: Vol. First edition. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Eugene Heath, Byron Kaldis, & Alexei Marcoux. (2018). The Routledge Companion to Business Ethics. Routledge.
- Schwartz, M. S. (2017). Business Ethics : An Ethical Decision-Making Approach. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1470324