Business Analysis Cases
- - to gain knowledge of the basic techniques of mathematical modeling in the problems of constructing an optimal solution; - to gain knowledge how to formulate and formalize the main classes of optimization problems; - to instill practical skills in the use of mathematical and quantitative methods in optimization problems.
- the student has the skills to analyze practical management problems and build a mathematical model in optimization problems
- the student knows the main quantitative methods of solving problems of linear, integer and nonlinear optimization, knows the conditions for their correct application
- the student has a practical experience in formalizing optimization problems of the considered classes (formulation of the mathematical model of the problem), creating a computer model of the problem (quantitative model in MS Excel), conducting numerical modeling and analyzing the obtained results
- Linear programming problem
- Transportation problem as a special case of linear programming problem
- Introduction to nonlinear programming
- Practical work 1A student solves an individual task and submits a report for checking.
- Practical work 2A student solves an individual task and submits a report for checking.
- Practical work 3A student solves an individual task and submits a report for checking.
- Seminar tasksSeminar tasks are carried out on topics 2-4 and include 1 task each.
- Final test
- 2023/2024 2nd module0.15 * Practical work 1 + 0.15 * Practical work 2 + 0.15 * Practical work 3 + 0.15 * Seminar tasks + 0.4 * Final test
- Taha H.A. Operations Research: An Introduction, 10-th Edition, Pearson Education Limited, 2017. – 849 p. – ISBN: 9781292165561
- Methods of mathematical economics : linear and nonlinear programming fixed-point theorems, Franklin, J. N., 2002