- Students master their skills in the linear regression analysis.
- Students learn how to estimate the model with the binary dependent variable.
- Students learn how to estimate FE and RE panel models
- Students learn how to estimate Diff-in-Diff model
- Students learn how to estimate simple time series models
- Construct, test, and analyse econometric models, using variables and relationships commonly found in the studies of economic and management theory
- Collect, organise, and analyse data, as well as interpret results from statistical analyses
- Identify the desirable properties of estimators
- Identify key classical assumptions in the field of econometrics, explain the significance of these assumptions, and describe the effects that violations of the classical assumptions can have
- Interpret key statistics and diagnostics typically generated by software
- The Linear Regression Model: an OverviewThis topic covers assumptions of the OLS estimator and reviews estimation methods that we use to estimate the multivariable regression model.
- Regression with a Binary Dependent VariableIn this part students learn how to estimate a regression model with the binary dependent variable.
- Multinomial choice modelsIn this topic we learn how to use multinomial choice model in the empirical research
- Ordered Choice ModelWe discuss how to predict the ordinal dependent variable
- Regression with Panel Data: theoryWe learn the basics of panel data analysis: FE and RE models. Basic tests.
- Regression with Panel Data: caseWe discuss the real research using the panel data approach.
- Experiments and Quasi-ExperimentsWe learn the principles of imact evaluation and Difference-in-Differences method to evaluate the policy.
- Regression with a Binary Vairiable II
- Stock, J. H., & Watson, M. W. (2015). Introduction to Econometrics, Update, Global Edition (Vol. Updated third edition). Boston: Pearson Education. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1419285
- Seemon Thomas. (2014). Basic Statistics. [N.p.]: Alpha Science Internation Limited. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1663598
- Wiśniewski, J. W. (2016). Microeconometrics in Business Management. Chichester, UK: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1071137