- to provide and discuss the basic concepts, approaches, and current trends in traditional and digital marketing
- to develop students’ abilities in marketing strategic thinking and understanding the company’s competitive position in the rapidly changing environment
- to develop students’ abilities to solve managerial problems in the field of marketing
- to foster the skills in marketing planning
- students are expected to know and apply key definitions, concepts and theoretical approaches of marketing theory
- students are expected to be able to develop a marketing plan and ultimately judge the success of the marketing strategy and its implementation
- students are expected to be able to solve managerial problems in the field of marketing through case studies
- Introduction to marketingA brief history of marketing. Marketing management orientations. Marketing evolution from marketing 1.0 to marketing 4.0.
- Marketing strategy formation processAnalysis – Decisions – Outcomes. Definitions of a marketing plan. SOSTAC model. Internal and external analysis. SWOT, PEST, 5 forces and other instruments. STP process: Segmenting – Targeting – Positioning. Types of segmentation: geographic, socio-demographic, psychographic, etc. Targeting, types of targeting strategies (undifferentiated, concentrated, multi-segment). Positioning, positioning matrix, positioning mapping.
- BrandingWhat is and what is not a brand? Brand equity, brand identity, brand image. Brand name, tagline and logo. Developing brand positioning, brand diamond, brand DNA. Brand architecture and brand portfolio. Best global brands – Interbrand and BrandZ rankings.
- Marketing mixDifferent approaches – 4Ps, 7Ps, 8Ps, 4Cs, etc. Product management, product levels. Pricing strategies: cost-based, demand-based, competition-based pricing. Penetration, skimming pricing, psychological pricing, price discrimination. Distribution channels, types of distribution (intensive, selective, exclusive). Communications, 6 Ms communications model, communications strategies (pull, push, profile), communication tools. Integrated marketing communications. Marketing communications in the B2B context
- Digital marketingKey tools of digital marketing. Digital models – online revenue models and attribution models. Digital consumer. Similar Web, Pepper.ninja, Popsters and other digital instruments.
- Digital marketing planning
- The Challenge of International MarketingGlobalization phenomenon. Globalization of markets and globalization of production. Complexity of global business environment: political systems, economic systems, global institutions, legal systems, corruption, intellectual property rights. Definitions and key trends in international marketing.
- Global Integration Marketing Strategies: from standardized to local marketing strategyPressures for cost reductions and pressures for local responsiveness. Strategy evolution. The Role of Culture in International Marketing. Determinants of culture. Cultural literacy in marketing.
- International Market Entry: Strategies and ModesAdvantages and disadvantages of different market entry options. International Marketing Mix Decisions
- Marketing Planning
- Classroom activitiesIndividual and group assignments, case studies, problem-solving exercises, course project intermediate presentations
- Short quizzesAt the seminars the students are expected to take 3 short quizzes. The quizzes cover questions discussed previously at the lectures and seminars. Each quiz consists of 10 questions. The questions may be open or multiple-choice.
- Course project (marketing plan)Group work on a marketing plan document and its subsequent oral presentation.
- ExaminationWritten test (40 open or multiple-choice questions)
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.21 * Classroom activities + 0.24 * Course project (marketing plan) + 0.4 * Examination + 0.15 * Short quizzes
- Alina Wheeler. (2017). Designing Brand Identity : An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team: Vol. Fifth edition. Wiley.
- Chaffey, D., & Smith, P. R. (2017). Digital Marketing Excellence : Planning, Optimizing and Integrating Online Marketing (Vol. 5 edition). New York: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=nlebk&AN=1496981
- Dimitriadis, N., Dimitriadis, N. J., & Ney, J. (2018). Advanced Marketing Management : Principles, Skills and Tools (Vol. 1 Edition). New York, NY: Kogan Page. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1922106
- Jan-Benedict Steenkamp. (2017). Global Brand Strategy : World-wise Marketing in the Age of Branding. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Jovana Golo. (2015). Book review: Hill, C. W. L. (2014). International Business: Competing in the Global Marketplace. https://doi.org/10.5937/ekonhor1501073G
- Mangram, M. (2012). The globalization of Tesla Motors: a strategic marketing plan analysis. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 20(4), 289–312. https://doi.org/10.1080/0965254X.2012.657224
- Posner, H. (2015). Marketing Fashion : Strategy, Branding and Promotion: Vol. Second edition. Laurence King Publishing.