Project seminar "project analysis, investments, implementation technologies"
- To learn about implementation of project work
- To develop skills required to complete the tasks of the course “Projects”
- Understand the stages of the project cycle
- Know how to write a project plan
- Can define a scope of a project
- Able to sequence project activities
- Able to identify project environment and project risks
- Understand the main constraints of project activities
- Can build a work breakdown schedule
- Know how to plan human resource for a project
- Identify the principal differences between the working group and the team
- Introduction to project activitiesMain definitions. Types of projects. Project environment. Project success and failure. Project phases: strategy, planning, realization, closure.
- Project initiationProject goal - Determination of project objectives (dimensions) - The triple constraints - Project stakeholders (power/interest grid) - Environment analysis - Problem statement - Mind mapping, brainstorming
- Project planning & schedulingProject lifecycle - Project plan – Project Charter-Work breakdown structure (WBS) Time schedule - Gantt chart - Network diagram Milestone plan - Critical path - Float time Project risks – Identification of risks
- Project teamRoles and functions in the project team - Planning HR - Hard skills vs. soft skills - Assembling the team Tasks delegation - Responsibility assignment matrix - Communication plan - Effective team - Leading and managing the team - Monitoring and controlling
- Team developmentTuckman model: forming, storming, norming, performing, reforming - Goals setting: preparation, execution, evaluation - Leadership and teamwork - Group development phases - Motivation in the project team - The problem-solving process - Feedback techniques
- Flexible project managementAgile fundamentals - Principles of Agile manifesto - Scrum theory- Scrum framework - Scrum project: main roles - Scrum process: the main artifacts - Scrum events: sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review - Trello
- Risk managementRisk portfolio – Risks diversification – Measuring risks of project Portfolio theory – Capital asset pricing model (CAPM)
- Investment analysisFuture values and present values – Calculating present value – Net present value (NPV) Project evaluation – Investment criteria: NPV, PP, DPP, IRR, PI – IRR rule – Exclusive projects – Capital rationing - Making investment decision – The choice between projects
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.2 * Class performance + 0.2 * Creativity project + 0.2 * Written test + 0.4 * Written test
- Damodaran, A. (2012). Investment Valuation : Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset, University Edition (Vol. 3rd ed). Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=442925
- M. Daud Alam, & Uwe F. Gühl. (2016). Project-Management in Practice : A Guideline and Toolbox for Successful Projects. Springer.
- Kirsten Olean Cmp, Jennifer M. Schlener, Jon R. Katzenbach, & Douglas K. Smith. (2009). The Wisdom of Teams. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.FA4DA2A3