Липатников Виталий Сергеевич
- Defining types and patterns of innovation.
- Search of the sources of innovation and ideas generating.
- Defining innovation-related strategic decisions within organizations.
- Managing the processes of new product development.
- Developing the paths of cooperation for innovation-based projects.
- Make students apply their knowledge on innovation and innovation dynamics to real case.
- Make students work on their teamwork skills.
- Make students develop their online collaborative working skills and learn how to use some of the appropriate tools to that extent.
- Make students develop their data collection and analysis skills.
- The Theoretic Foundations of InnovationShumpeterian Theory. Conceptual Framework of Innovation. Linear Models of Innovation. Development of Innovation Model. Technology Innovation. 4 Types of Innovation. 4P Approach. Disruptive Innovation. Strategy of Innovation. Management of Innovation. Organization of Innovation. Impact on Society.
- Sources of InnovationMacroeconomic Context of Innovation. Creativity. Translating Creativity into Innovation. Innovation in Collaborative Networks. Reasons for Entering a Strategic Alliance.
- Market AdoptionTechnology S-Curves. Discontinuous Innovation. Tushman and Rosenkopf’s Technology Cycle. Why Dominant Design Are Selected. Diffusion of Innovation and Adopter Categories. Multiple Dimensions of Value. Are Winner-Take-All Markets Good for Consumers?
- Timing of EntryEntrants. First-Mover Advantages and Disadvantages. Factors Influencing Optimal Timing of Entry. Strategies to Improve Timing Options.
- Protecting InnovationAppropriability. Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights. Trade Secrets. The Effectiveness and Use of Protection Mechanisms. Reasons for Going Solo.
- Collaboration StrategiesAdvantages of Collaborating. Types of Collaborative Arrangements. Choosing s Mode of Collaboration. Choosing and Monitoring Partners.
- Managing Innovation within FirmsAssessing the Firm’s Current Position. External Analysis: Porter’s Five-Force Model, Stakeholder Analysis. Internal Analysis. Identifying Core Competencies and Capabilities.
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.5 * Exam + 0.3 * Homework presentations + 0.2 * In-class activity
- Trott, P. (2017). Innovation Management and New Product Development (Vol. Sixth edition). Harlow, Enlgand: Pearson. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1419855
- Chesbrough, H. (2012). Open Innovation. Research Technology Management, 55(4), 20. https://doi.org/10.5437/08956308X5504085
- Daniel Marco-Stefan Kleber. (2018). Design Thinking for Creating an Increased Value Proposition to Improve Customer Experience. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.B1673540
- Frank, S. J. (2006). Intellectual Property for Managers and Investors : A Guide to Evaluating, Protecting and Exploiting IP. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=148150
- Phillips, J. J., & Phillips, P. P. (2018). Using Design-Thinking in Your Innovation Projects. Journal for Quality & Participation, 41(3), 12–15. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=bsu&AN=136243422
- Reiter-Palmon R. Team Creativity and Innovation, 2017. Oxford Scholarship Online (available: HSE Electronic Resources / Oxford Scholarship online).DOI:10.1093/oso/9780190222093.001.0001
- Schoemaker, P. J. H., Heaton, S., & Teece, D. (2018). Innovation, Dynamic Capabilities, and Leadership. California Management Review, 61(1), 15–42. https://doi.org/10.1177/0008125618790246
- The Oxford handbook of group creativity and innovation. (2019). Oxford University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsnar&AN=edsnar.oai.pure.rug.nl.publications.c911f8c4.a6e2.428b.b7fa.81051607f066