Management Accounting I
- The aim of the course is to provide students with the basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills in financial accounting and reporting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Have an idea about the place and the role of accounting in the system of management of the economic entity
- Understand the conceptual framework of accounting and the purpose, structure and content of the financial and management reports
- Understand the essence of accounting terms and to use them properly
- Have basic practical skills in financial and management accounting and interpreting information
- Use analytical skills and apply them to solve practical problems
- Demonstrate an innovative, open, and ethical mindset
- Topic 1. Financial Accounting and the Format of Financial Statements1. The accounting system 2. The Balance Sheet 3. The Income Statement 4. Statement of Stockholders’ Equity 5. Statement of Cash Flows 6. Relationships among statements 7. Responsibilities for the accounting communication process
- Topic 2. Investing and Financing Decisions and the Accounting System1. Overview of accounting concepts 2. Nature of business transactions 3. Accounts 4. Transaction analysis and accounting entries
- Topic 3. Operating Decisions and the Accounting System1. The operating cycle 2. Accrual accounting 3. Transaction Analysis Rules
- Topic 4. The Accounting Cycle1. Accounting cycle 2. Purpose and types of adjustments 3. Adjustment process 4. Preparing financial statements 5. End of accounting cycle
- Midterm test (20%)Individual, in-class, open book, topic: 1,2,3,4.
- In-class activities (20%)Individual or in small groups, in-class, open book questions, tasks, discussions, cases.
- Final exam test (60%)The final exam will take the form of a 2-hour (80 min) closed book written test. The exam test consists of questions and tasks.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.6 * Final exam test (60%) + 0.2 * In-class activities (20%) + 0.2 * Midterm test (20%)
- Financial accounting, Libby, R., 2016
- Financial accounting, Libby, R., 2020
- BPP Learning Media. (2017). Foundations in Accountancy : F3/FFA Financial Accounting: Interactive Text: for Exams From 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2018 (Vol. Sixth edition). London: BPP Learning Media. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=nlebk&AN=1522342