Research Seminar "Finance"
- Development of basic research skills, study of literature background on the chosen topic, culture of scientific discussion.
- Analyze the data necessary for the evaluation of economic and financial indicators that characterize the activities of economic actors.
- Compile a bibliograpy. Read and understand scientific publications on current financial issues, compare and summarize the opinions of different researchers.
- Apply modern technical means and information technologies to solve analytical and research problems.
- Gather the initial data sources, analyze them and prepare an information review and / or analytical report using domestic and foreign sources of information
- Background reading
- Fundamentals of scientific research methodology.
- Research methods & Data acquisition
- On Diplomas
- Data downloading
- Building FCFF, FCFE
- Research Article PresentationPresentation at a seminar with an overview of a thematic research article on financial issues. Teamwork (in pairs). The goal is to convey the content of the article to a group of students, to initiate a discussion.
- Essay on the topic of the presented article
- Use of English as a working languageUse of English as a working language. Oral communication, productive discussion. Competent writing in an academic style.
- АктивностьActive participation in seminars, participation in the discussion of financial studies, regular attendance of classes
- Preparing an information model for financial analysisExtracting, transforming, and loading external data into a financial model
- A brief analysis of the financial statementsEvaluating a company's performance or value by using a number of techniques, such as horizontal, vertical, or ratio analysis
- Profit and Loss ForecastProjecting income statement line items: Sales Revenue, Cost of Goods Sold, Total Expences, Depreciation, Interests, and Taxes
- 3-statement modelingForecasting Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement. Exploring the linkages and interconnections between the Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet
- Free Cash Flow forecastingBuilding Free Cash Flows to Firm and to Equity, calculating WACC, finding EV, EqV
- Financial Forecasting ModelFinancial Reporting Simulation Report, Analysis and Forecast
- 2022/2023 4th module0.12 * Financial Forecasting Model + 0.11 * 3-statement modeling + 0.11 * Profit and Loss Forecast + 0.11 * Preparing an information model for financial analysis + 0.067 * Use of English as a working language + 0.11 * A brief analysis of the financial statements + 0.13 * Essay on the topic of the presented article + 0.033 * Активность + 0.1 * Research Article Presentation + 0.11 * Free Cash Flow forecasting
- Economists' mathematical manual, Sydsaeter, K., 2005
- Fundamentals of financial management, Brigham, E.F., 1986
- Research methodology : a step-by-step guide for beginners, Kumar, R., 2019
- Research methodology for economists : philosophy and practice, Johnson, G. L., 1986
- Communication research methodology : a strategic approach to applied research, Pettey, G. R., 2017
- Intermediate Financial Management, Brigham, E.F., 1993