Theory of Finance
- To know theories of finance and their appropriate applications
- To critically analyze the given problem and to derive comprehensive solutions for the given problem
- To identify a problem and select appropriate models to solve it
- To know basic financial concepts
- To build financial models of the projects and firms
- To identify appropriate models to address business problems
- Financial Mathematics
- Valuation of Bonds
- Valuation of Common Stocks
- Introduction to Risk and Return Trade off
- Portfolio theory and CAPM
- Cost of capital
- Minor test 1Smaller test to estimate the knowledge of the topics covered in the several previous classes. It is conducted online using SmartLMS system.
- Minor test 2
- Minor test 3
- Major testThe objective of the test is to estimate the knowledge of the topics covered during the first 5-6 weeks of the course. It is conducted online using SmartLMS system.
- Home workThe individual assignment designed to let students apply knowledge they gained on the course to solve real world financial problem. It will be conducted in MS Excel spreadsheet and collected through SmartLMS. The detailed instructions will be provided to the students during the course.
- Final examThe final exam is a test with questions that cover the entire course. It is conducted online using SmartLMS system.
- 2022/2023 3rd module0.25 * Major test + 0.4 * Final exam + 0.04 * Minor test 3 + 0.25 * Home work + 0.03 * Minor test 2 + 0.03 * Minor test 1
- Richard Brealey, Stewart Myers, & Franklin Allen. (2020). ISE EBook Online Access for Principles of Corporate Finance: Vol. Thirteenth edition. McGraw-Hill Education.
- International finance, Pilbeam, K., 2013
- MARKOWITZ, H. (1952). Portfolio Selection. Journal of Finance (Wiley-Blackwell), 7(1), 77–91. https://doi.org/10.2307/2975974