- The students will gain substantial knowledge about the financial econometrics and will be able to apply the same in solving real life problems in finance. Successful completion of the course will make them ready for the job market.
- Different types of trading strategies
- Methodology od Developing and Testing Trading Stratigies
- Random Walk HypothesisRandom Walk Models
- Efficient Frontier
- Introduction to Asset Pricing Factor ModelsCAPM Multifactor Asset Pricing Models
- Risk AnalysisVolatility risk ARCH & GARCH Models Value at Risk Models
- Portfolio Optimisation
- Developing and Testing Trading Strategies
- In-class participations
- Individual/group project
- Final examHere are the instructions for your upcoming End term exam on Financial Econometrics. Medium: Via LMS Type of Exam: Open Book (Part A) and S/W Execution based (Part B) Total Marks: 55 (Part A: 35 and Part B: 20) Number of Questions: Part A: Seven Questions… Part B: Problem statement & Dataset Allowed: Both online and offline resources…You may refer all available resources Not Allowed: Late Submission; Copy and Paste (Similarly above 15 %) Exam Execution Details: Step 1: Part A: Questions will be uploaded in the LMS and Part B: Dataset will be send to your mail at the end of the day June 11, 2020 around 23:59 PM Step 2: You will have full day to answer the questions(Part A & B) on 12/06/2020 and … deadline for submission of the question answers(Part A & B) will be by the end of the same day in PDF format via LMS : 12/06/2020; 23:59:59 Hours SPB Time.
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.4 * Final exam + 0.3 * In-class participations + 0.3 * Individual/group project
- An introduction to trading in the financial markets: market basics, Williams, R.T., 2011
- Gregory-Williams, J., & Williams, B. (2004). Trading Chaos : Maximize Profits with Proven Technical Techniques: Vol. 2nd ed. Wiley.
- Handbook of financial econometrics : Volume 1-2. v. 1: Tools and techniques, ,
- Handbook of financial econometrics : Volume 1-2. v. 2 : Applications, ,
- Harris, L. (2002). Trading and Exchanges : Market Microstructure for Practitioners. Oxford: Oxford University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=2096842
- Tsay, R. S. (2002). Analysis of Financial Time Series : Financial Econometrics. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. [US]. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=87319
- Choudhry, M. (2011). Bank Asset and Liability Management : Strategy, Trading, Analysis. Chichester: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1103864