Economic Growth Models
- Understanding of the main concepts and techniques that are in use in the research of economic growth theory
- Learn and understand some of the reasons for the differences across countries in their levels of GDP per capita and standards of living.
- Know the basic facts regarding the reasons and consequences for the differences in the rate of growth across the globe.
- Know the basic models of endogenous economic growth, in particular, economic growth built on endogenous human capital investment and accumulation.
- Empirical Facts
- Taxonomy of Economic Models
- Real Business Cycles Model
- Over Lapping Generations Model (OLG)
- Mass Migration, Norms and Growth
- New Growth Theory
- Income Distribution and Human Capital Investment
- Gender Gap, Fertility and Growth
- The Role of Inequality in the Process of Development
- Quantity-Quality Trade-off in Investment in Children
- The Great Divergence in Population and Output
- Промежуточная аттестация (2 модуль)0.7 * Exam + 0.3 * In-class Participation
- Peter Dorman. (2014). Macroeconomics. Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.b.spr.sptbec.978.3.642.37441.8
- Sibabrata Das, Alex Mourmouras, & Peter C. Rangazas. (2015). Economic Growth and Development. Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.b.spr.sptbec.978.3.319.14265.4