Иванова Вера Ивановна
- getting acquaintance with main techniques of spatial statistics and econometrics along with the main issues posed by the geospatial data analysis and by the construction and estimation of spatial econometric models.
- Know overview of the relevant theory as well as exposure to empirical applications of spatial econometric models in economics
- Know standard techniques of revealing spatial autocorrelation in geo-referenced data
- Be able to estimate basic spatial econometric regressions using modern econometrics software
- Be able to interpret the estimates
- Introduction to spatial econometrics
- Basic spatial regression models. Tests for the structure of spatial dependence in the model.
- Estimating spatial regression models
- Motivating and interpreting spatial econometric models
- Applications of spatial regression models in regional science
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.1 * class participation + 0.5 * final exam + 0.2 * homework + 0.2 * in-class tests
- Elhorst, J. P. (DE-588)171025091, (DE-576)131852809. (2014). Spatial econometrics : from cross-sectional data to spatial panels / J. Paul Elhorst. Heidelberg [u.a.]: Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edswao&AN=edswao.396630170
- Baltagi, B. H., LeSage, J. P., & Pace, R. K. (2017). Spatial Econometrics : Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variables (Vol. First edition). Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1423719