New Global Business Models
- A key learning outcome of the course refers to the practical, hands-on approaches for analysis of how companies create, deliver and capture value.
- Develop the ability to work with the literature and other information sources to find solutions for case-studies
- Communicate results of case-studies solutions
- Distinguish traditional business models in the real business cases
- Propose possible scenarios of modifications of new business models
- Develop the ability to recognize markers of business models which appear as a response to digital revolution
- Use theoretical models to solve cases studies on companies which represent new business models
- Know the most important cases of data-driven business founded on new business models
- Analyze business models of digital companies
- Know analytical tolls for assessing business models
- Know different approaches to business modeling
- Identify similar and distinguished features of business build on identical business models
- Topic 1. Business models as a key concept of strategic management.Variety of business model frameworks: Canvas, Lean Canvas, ‘Zott-Amit’ model, BM navigator, 4W approach.
- Topic 2. Essential components of business models.Value creation, customer segmentation, pricing strategies.
- Topic 3. Digital business models.Manufacturing business models. Digital manufacturing. Developers as new decision makers.
- Topic 4. ‘Asymmetric business models.A Coursera online course.
- Topic 5. Analytical tools to assess the company’s business model (e.g. SPACE analysis).
- Class activitiesCase studies, teamwork results, assignments, presentations.
- TestsThere are 4 tests that students will write within the whole course. The tests are conducted either at the beginning or at the end of the class. All tests are based on home reading.
- Written examWritten exam includes close-ended and open-ended questions. Total time: 60 min.
- Group project presentation
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.2 * Class activities + 0.3 * Group project presentation + 0.25 * Tests + 0.25 * Written exam
- Zott, C., Amit, R., & Massa, L. (2010). The business model: Theoretical roots, recent developments, and future research. IESE Research Papers. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.p.ebg.iesewp.d.0862