Шабанов Андрей Евгеньевич
- This provides a stimulating framework to examine the evolution of curatorial exhibitions within and between three major institutional contexts: (1) a gallery-based or site-specific space; (2) a regular international exhibition; and (3) the museum. Each of these contexts has its own history, genetics, poetics, ideology, and examples of groundbreaking, paradigmatic, and representative curatorial exhibitions will be discussed in the format of case studies during corresponding seminars.
- Combining history, theory, and practice, the course will investigate what is innovative in curatorial practice and whether it needs to be innovative; to what extent can it be trained; and what are present-day criteria, ethics, and added value of the curatorial profession in relation to artistic, scholarly, and social developments
- Whose exhibition?
- Curating the contemporary
- Curating (transcending) the old
- Curating art +
- Curating Russian
- Final remarks
- Active participation
- Participation in each case-study talk/presentation
- Participation in the final discussion on curatorial ethics
- 2021/2022 2nd module0.1 * Participation in the final discussion on curatorial ethics + 0.4 * Active participation + 0.5 * Participation in each case-study talk/presentation
- Anthony Gardner, & Charles Green. (2016). Biennials, Triennials, and Documenta : The Exhibitions That Created Contemporary Art (Vol. 1). Wiley-Blackwell.
- Bruce W. Ferguson, Reesa Greenberg, & Sandy Nairne. (1996). Thinking About Exhibitions. Routledge.
- Laurent JEANPIERRE. (2017). Magiciens De La Terre.
- Trahais, F. (n.d.). Jens Hoffmann, Life in your head - When Attitudes Became Form Become Attitudes (A Restoration – A Remake – A Rejuvenation – A Rebellion). OpenAIRE.
- Ancel, P., Bawin, J., Bordeaux, M.-C., Camart, C., Dupuis, R., Fournié, F., Fraser, M., Glicenstein, J., Lemieux, A., Mairesse, F., Martin, J.-H., Pommaret, C., Rampillon, C., & Szeeman, H. (2018). L’artiste et le musée.
- J. Pedro Lorente. (2018). Cathedrals of Urban Modernity : Creation of the First Museums of Contemporary Art. Routledge.
- Margolin, J., Witztum, E., & Lerner, V. (2017). Genius, Creativity and Madness. Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Trahais, F. (2014). Show Time: The 50 Most Influential Exhibitions of Contemporary Art. Critique d’art.