If you have not received an email from HSEIMUN Secretariat, please, contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The fifth HSEIMUN Conference will be held on April 8-10, 2022 in St. Petersburg.
Topic: Designing Governance for a Sustainable Future
HSEIMUN is an academic event for high school and university students, devoted to the global issues and organized in the Model United Nations format, simulating the UN and its main committees. During the Conference, participants represent various countries, formulate their positions and take part in the discussion of resolutions.
The main organizer of the event is the BA programme in Political Science and World Politics.
HSEIMUN is an excellent opportunity to:
- practice research activities on world politics and diplomacy
- learn more about the international decision-making system;
- practice negotiation skills, learn more about the profession of a diplomat;
- get acquainted with peers from different countries;
- increase the level of foreign languages proficiency.
Best delegates are awarded prizes from our partners and sponsors
Terms of Participation
1) An application for participation can be submitted by university or high school students, from 16 years of age.
2) Participants may choose a committee they want to take part in upon registration. Countries are assigned by HSEIMUN organizers, based on the vacant places, application submission date, evaluation of motivation letters.
3) The official language of the Conference is English.
4) The Conference participants must be ready to fulfill the duties of the Model UN delegate, be familiarized with the rules of conduct and regulations of official events (including the procedure of the the committees they take part in), be aware of the issues of the agenda and the position of the selected country;
5) Persons under 18 years of age can take part in the Conference (register and attend events) only upon written consent of their parents (legal representatives);
8) By submitting their personal data during registration, participants agree to the principles of personal data protection defined by the legislation of the Russian Federation and local regulations of the Higher School of Economics.
1) A participant wishing to submit an individual application must fill in the registration form;
2) After receiving the application, the Conference Secretariat will contact the participant (within March 10 - March 25) by e-mail to clarify details about the chosen committee and to assign a country;
3) A certificate of participation is issued in case of participation in all HSEIMUN events specified in the programme.
Participation is free.
How to Participate
Choose a Committee
The agenda of HSEIMUN 2023 can be found here.
Apply (10-28 February 2023)
Before the registration, please read out Terms of Participation. After the application you will be contacted by the organizers to define the country you will represent.
Prepare for the Conference
The Guide for the Delegates is avilable here.
HSEIMUN 2023 Secretariat
Agenda 2023: Designing Governance for a Sustainable Future
Security Council [ENG]
Measures to Increase Transparency of Ballistic Missile Tests in East Asia
Disarmament & International Security [ENG]
Promoting Security in the Cyberspace
Economic & Financial [ENG]
Climate Migration and Sustainable Development in Oceania
Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee [ENG]
Creation of Conditions to Make Female Education More Accessible in Least Developed Countries
Special Political & Decolonization Committee [ENG]
Capacity-Building in Environmental Sustainability of Non-Self-Governing Territories
Legal Committee [ENG]
Towards the Global Recognition Standards for Medication Trials and Licensing
Conference Secretariat: email@example.com
HSEIMUN Coordinator: Danil Kandaurov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Academic Supervisor, BA Programme in Political Science and World Politics: Yury Kabanov (email@example.com)