Education and global cities: prospects of BRICS
On the 14th - 15th of May, 2015 the Second International Conference “Education and Global Cities: Prospects of BRICS” will be held in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
Senior Officials of Russian Government including the Representatives of the Presidential Administration, Ministry of Education and Science as well as highly ranked representatives of the BRICS University League and Russian Academic Excellence Project “5:100” will be present at the plenary session.
The conference will discuss current trends in the development of cities in the BRICS countries in the context of education, and discuss prospects for cooperation between universities of the BRICS countries.
The program of the Conference will include the meeting of the working group for foreign partnerships of Russian Association of Global Universities and the round table with the associations of universities form Italy, South Korea, Brazil, Latin American countries etc. The cooperation agreement between the Russian Association of Global Universities and associations of foreign universities will be signed during the Conference.
Key issues for discussion:
- — — — —
· Cities and urban agglomerations in the BRICS countries: planning and development;
· University and city in the developing economies;
· Models of universities development in metropolitan areas;
· BRICS university ranking: prospects for development;
· BRICS University League: new format of multilateral cooperation in higher education;
· International mobility of the BRICS graduates.