- Get acquainted to the basic approaches of organizing optimal distribution network
- Familiarize with the core logistics models and methods in order to organize intermediaries, transport and warehouse collaboration within the distribution logistics system
- Get used to practical case study in the field of SCM
- Manage self-study investigation on the given topic
- Research the peculiarities of logistic techniques used in retail distribution networks
- Understand the challenges of uncertain economic environment in order to discuss ongoing research while using various concepts from the materials offered in the course
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and critical understanding of theories, principles, concepts and methodologies of distribution logistics
- Familiarize with the demand-driven frameworks and tools
- Use strong analytical skills and apply them to reflect on distribution network design decisions while using a quantitative tool
- Logistic distribution system
- Basic approaches to organizing optimal distribution network
- Creating value-adding networks
- Discounted cash flow analysis
- Retail logistics networks
- Demand-driven supply chain
- Intermediaries in distribution logistics system
- EssayRegalement for homework: students are asked to read material and answer question in writing form of an essay at home.
- Class exercisestudents are asked to work at class on the problematic issues proposed by lecturer in writing
- Report on an agreed topicThe group of students 5-6 people in each one is presenting a report on the agreed topic (research article). The report should be supported by Power Point Presentation and should include: • Critical analysis of the article • Perspective research directions and proposals • Student’s own opinion on the core aspects of the article • Advantages and disadvantages of the proposed methodology • Other relevant information from the article The presentation should be of about 10-15 PP pages, the duration of the presentation should be 8-10 min.
- Teststudents should make test solving at class. Test includes both close and open questions.
- Final examWritten Exam, includes one sophisticated question
- 2022/2023 2nd module0.4 * Final exam + 0.2 * Report on an agreed topic + 0.1 * Test + 0.2 * Class exercise + 0.1 * Essay
- Song, Y., & Hua, X. (2021). Innovation Path of Leasing Trade under Smart Logistics Technology by Big Data Analysis. Mobile Information Systems, 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/8347904
- Mi Gan, Shuai Yang, Dandan Li, Mingfei Wang, Si Chen, Ronghui Xie, & Jiyang Liu. (2018). A Novel Intensive Distribution Logistics Network Design and Profit Allocation Problem considering Sharing Economy. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/4678358