Postdoctoral research positions. Deadline: April 1, 2015
The Higher School of Economics Center for Historical Research in St. Petersburg, Russia and the Department of History in St. Petersburg invites applications for postdoctoral research position in the field of comparative history of nationalism and empire in the region of Eastern Europe and Eurasia.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Professor Alexander Semyonov and Professor Ronald Suny
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Center for Historical Research’ projects in two broad areas:
- the comparative history of territorialization of imperial governance and spatial imagination of modern nationalism in the region of Eastern Europe and Eurasia
- research on construction of political borders in ethnically mixed regions
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed academic periodicals and contributing to collective volumes published by the research team
- teaching sections of research seminars for graduate school in history
- presentation of their research in academic conferences and seminar “Boundaries of History”
- participation in organization of academic events of the Center and other contribution to the development of the Center and department of history
- a Ph. D. from an international research university in the field of history;
- a strong background in New Imperial History historiography in either European or Russian fields;
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- experience of working with GIS is desirable but not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be sent to email@example.com by April 1, 2015.
The HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.