- To make clear the principles of corporate governance (CG) To provide tools for analysis of a company’s corporate governance system To develop the skills in analysis of CG relationship with companies’ performance To acquire the knowledge of basic functions of CG, key financial and non-financial stakeholders, the role of financial and non-financial institutions in a company’s governance, key concepts of CG To acquire the ability to analyze principles of decision-making, to determine the key interests of major stakeholders, to analyse the system of CG To acquire the skills of matching CG decisions and a company’s strategy, alongside taking ethical and reasonable, data-driven CG decisions
- Has an idea of foundations of company theory and the agency theory
- Compares different models of corporate governance. Formulates specific features of the Russian model of corporate governance. Analyses convergence of corporate governance systems.
- Students should know best corporate governance practices
- Students should understand drivers of CG
- Students should understand principles of corporate goals and strategy forming
- To explain the key characteristics of the agency theory and its relevance to payment incentives
- What is Corporate Governance?
- Models of Corporate Governance
- Theories of Ownership and Government Cycles
- Stakeholders and Stakeholders’ Maximization
- The Role of the Board. Management compensation
- CG standards and practices
- 2023/2024 2nd module0.3 * Midterm control + 0.25 * Class work + 0.1 * Group project + 0.25 * Individual project + 0.1 * Homework
- Monks, R. A. G., & Minow, N. (2011). Corporate Governance (Vol. 5th ed). Chichester, West Sussex, U.K.: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=499656
- The Oxford Handbook of Corporate Governance [Электронный ресурс] / M.Wright, D.S.Siegel, K.Keasey, I.Filatotchev, eds.; oxfordhandbooks. - Oxford University Press, 2013. – Режим доступа: http://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199642007.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780199642007. - Загл. с экрана.
- Zattoni, A., & Pugliese, A. (2021). Corporate Governance Research in the Wake of a Systemic Crisis: Lessons and Opportunities from the COVID‐19 Pandemic. Journal of Management Studies (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.), 58(5), 1405–1410. https://doi.org/10.1111/joms.12693