Commencing on April 6, 2020 the university complies with the HSE Temporary Regulations on Ongoing and Interim Assessment of Students as a part of measures for preventing the spread of the coronavirus infection.
Please take a look at the major changes:
1. The communication between students and teachers (classes, consultations, appeals, re-sits of exams and other forms of assessment) is arranged in the distance mode.
2. Only the exam can be a blocking element of assessment.
3. It is now possible to make appeals, claims, course forms, scans of medical records, language certificates and other documents by corporate email. Some official copies or original documents (transcripts, certificates) are also provided in paper-based version consequently.
4. The assessment formula and teaching methods can be modified to comply with the self-isolation rules and the communication platform can be identified. The students should be notified about the changes within 10 business days after the beginning of the quarter (until April 14).
5. The elements of assessment are divided into synchronous (based on the online classes) and asynchronous (with a pre-set deadline). The same duration and time restrictions apply to the first type of assessment. For the oral asynchronous elements of assessment, the duration of a student’s reply is limited.
6. The terms of “absence”, “presence” in relation to the synchronous and asynchronous elements of assessment are specified.
You can find the temporary regulations here: https://www.hse.ru/docs/355977894.html