Yulia Kapustina knows how to travel cheap from Moscow to Saint Petersburg.
It is obvious that students are eager to visit other cities. Saint Petersburg has many inexpensive options for students.
How to get there?
The most convenient option is taking a ride in "Sapsan "
Since 2016, you can ride Sapsan at a discount. A 30% discount on Sapsan trains is valid for passengers from 10 years to 21. With advance purchase (60 days in advance), tickets for the Sapsan train under the new Junior tariff plan can be purchased at a cost of 699.80 rubles or more.
Where to live?
There are 3 options where you can stay in St. Petersburg:
The first option is the least attractive, because hotels in the center are expensive, and nobody really wants to live on the outskirts of St. Petersburg.
The second option is perfect for you if you are ready to share housing with strangers. Often you can meet many new interesting acquaintances, including foreigners.
The third option is the most convenient if you are traveling in a company and do not want to share housing with other people. Prices for rented apartments in the center of St. Petersburg are not as high as in Moscow. For example, the apartment with two bedrooms, a kitchen and a living room could be rented in April 2019 in just 3,900 for 3 days. This apartment can easily accommodate up to 6 people. The cost of living per person is very small.
Where to eat?
1. Required! Just be sure to go to the “Pyshechnaya”. Maybe the Soviet atmosphere is not attractive, but this is only at first glance. You will not be able to try such delicious donuts anywhere! Sometimes the place has quite long queues - it is believed that here are the most delicious cakes in the city. Prices are extremely affordable: donuts cost 14 rubles.
Address: Bolshaya Konyushennaya, 25. There are also establishments on Sadovaya, on Leninsky Prospekt and in other places of the city.
2. Oddly enough, but in Saint Petersburg there are decent dining rooms. Yes, you heard right. And if in Moscow you bypass such places, then in St. Petersburg – such cafes are quite comfortable, and you can eat deliciously. The most popular of them is “Dining Room No. 1.” The cafe has a simple interior and inexpensive dishes. The menu contains simple and satisfying dishes of Russian and European cuisines that are suitable for the whole family. It is difficult to pay more than 250 rubles in such dining rooms. Average check is 150-180 rubles per person.
Addresses: there are a lot of them throughout the city. Can be found on the site: https://st1.one/#contacts
3. The coffee & breakfast
On weekdays and Saturdays there are special promotions for students. The cost of a student lunch is 100-200 rubles.
- Malaya Sadovaya St., 3
- Nevsky pr., Building 54
- Italian st., 10
- Sadovaya St., 5
- Bolshaya Morskaya st., D.14
4. Cheburechnaya "Salkhino"
Students can dine here for 200 rubles. For this money, you will get a portion of mouth-watering pasties and a drink (tea or Coca-Cola). This offer can be used only upon presentation of a student card.
Address: Voznesensky pr., 55
Where to go?
1. Russian Museum
The cost of visiting the Mikhailovsky Palace, Benois Wing is 150 rubles instead of 300. The exposition at one of the branches of the Russian Museum (Marble, Stroganov Palace and Mikhailovsky Castle) is 100 rubles instead of 200.
2. Cruiser Aurora
The cost of visiting for students is 200 rubles instead of 400.
3. St. Isaac's Cathedral and the Savior on Spilled Blood
The cost of entrance tickets for students is 50 rubles instead of 250.
4. Museum of the Academy of Arts
University students and cadets can buy a ticket to the museum for 100 rubles instead of 200.
5. Museum of Contemporary Art "Erarta"
All visitors up to the age of 21 inclusive (not only students) receive a discount ticket, the cost is 350 rubles instead of 500.
On the day of the performance, if tickets are available at the box office, a 50% discount for students (upon presentation of an ISIC card or student card). Benefits apply only to repertoire performances.
1. Ice rink in New Holland
For students 1 session until 15:30 Monday through Thursday - 100 rubles and Friday through Sunday - 280 rub.
1 session after 15:30 Monday through Thursday - 180 rubles and Friday through Sunday - 280 rub.
2. Skating rink in Gagarin park
Entrance ticket to the skating rink for students - 200 rubles / session.