Innovative Transportation Technologies
Майоров Николай Николаевич
- Understanding basic principles in the field of transport processes and systems, and the practice of applying innovation-transport technologies in real process
- Understanding new methods and technologies used in the theory of transport processes and systems and acquiring skills in solving technical transport problems of various types with the help of special information transport system (intellegent transport systems)
- Students are able to discuss and analyze characteristics of innovation from the technical industry
- Students are able to discuss and analyze general approach to the description of the innovation process
- Students are able to discuss and analyze mathematical models for evaluating innovation
- Students are able to discuss and analyze innovative transport technologies for urban transport
- Students are able to discuss issues on the main trends in forecasting of transport technologies
- Theme 1. Characteristics of innovation from the technical industryTopic 1. The historical aspect, the properties of innovation in the technical field. Models and methods for researching innovation in transport. The main provisions of the theory of innovation. The life cycle of innovation. Laws and laws of innovation management. General approach to the theory of the device of transport processes and systems. Features of innovation in the transport industry. The difference between innovations and technological solutions. Criteria for innovation. Examples Modern transport development. Topic 2. General approach to the description of the innovation process Definition of innovation in transport. Management, quality and innovation. Modern vision of the process of innovation in transport. Models and methods for the determination of innokations. Seminars 1. Search for innovative projects on various types of transport. Finding innovative technologies that fundamentally changed the transportation industry. Students choose any type of transport, consider the evolution and describe innovative technologies, namely: • reasons for the need for innovation; • identification of problems in the implementation of innovative technology on the appropriate form of transport and proposals for their resolution; The work is carried out both individually and in small groups. As a result of the assignment, students receive research skills in the relevant transportation industry.
- Theme 2. The evolution of innovation in transport technologies. Trends.Topic 1. Innovation trends in the aviation industry The history of the aviation industry. Basic definitions. Concepts of implementation of passenger terminal complexes. Evolutionary path from the airfield to the transport hub. Aircraft monitoring information systems. Passenger and aircraft handling technologies. Airport equipment. Elements of aviation management. Questions of profitability of air terminal complexes. Topic 2. Innovation trends in the maritime industry The history of the development of the marine industry and seaports. Port development models. Sea container shipping, current trends. Container handling technologies. Innovative technical solutions in the field of maritime transport. Information system for monitoring ships and creating a cargo ship plan. Topic 3. Trends of innovation in road and rail transport The main directions of development of innovation in road and rail transport. Information logistic systems for road and rail transport. Seminar 2,3,4. Questions of introducing innovative projects in various types of transport. Students collect statistical information on the work of the relevant type of transport, work in a specialized information system and solve practical problems for a particular type of transport. The work is carried out both individually and in small groups in small groups. As a result of the assignment, students receive skills in researching the transport system and working in specialized information logistic systems. Students choosing air transport will have to analyze the airport information passenger system.
- Theme 3. Mathematical models for evaluating innovationTopic 1. Economic and mathematical model for assessing the innovative potential of transport technology Collection and analysis of statistical information about the transport industry in a particular region. Construction of the objective function. Economic evaluation of innovation. The study of transport systems based on queuing systems. Topic 2. The use of mathematical models in the form of structural schemes for evaluating innovation The role of traffic flow modeling to evaluate transport innovations. Mathematical vehicles: queuing systems, mathematical model of a closed network of sorting railway stations. Agent and discrete event modeling. Simulation modeling for assessing both real systems and solving prognostic tasks on the effectiveness of introducing innovations. The use of mathematical models in the form of structural schemes for evaluating innovation Typical tasks shows the lecturer on seminar. Seminar 5,6. Mathematical models of transport processes and systems. Students study mathematical models of transport systems.
- Theme 4. Innovative transport technologies for urban transportTheme 1. Experience in solving transport problems in metropolitan areas General characteristics of the transport processes of cities of megacities. Historical experience in solving transport problems. Transport situation in the city of St. Petersburg, trends, innovative projects. Overview of mathematical tools for the study of transport problems. Main traffic flow diagram. Examples of the intellectual transport system of the megalopolis. Topic 2. Software for modeling transport processes and metropolis systems Practical examples of the implementation of the predictive tasks of the work of sections of transport networks with the use of software packages. An example of calculating the required number of buses on the route. Communication specialized software systems and innovations. Examples of completed projects in these systems shows the teacher. Seminar 7. Innovative transport technologies in cities megalopolises. Students study the elements of graph theory to calculate traffic flows and solve practical work on the calculation of the carrying capacity of the highway and the number of buses. Students consider the concept of an intellectual transport system of a megacity. Practical example of application Rapid Foresight.
- Theme 5. Summary of the material studiedBrief summary and results for the course. Discussion of new questions from masters. Discussion of issues on the main trends in forecasting of transport technologies.
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.4 * Exam + 0.15 * Home assignment + 0.3 * In-class Participation + 0.15 * Project
- Kuznetsov, A. L., & Kirichenko, A. V. (2018). Methodological Problems of Modern Transportation Logistics. TransNav: International Journal on Marine Navigation & Safety of Sea Transportation, 12(3), 611–616. https://doi.org/10.12716/1001.12.03.21
- Valery Lukinskiy, Vladislav Lukinskiy, & Yuri Merkuryev. (2018). Modelling of transport operations in supply chains in obedience to “just-in-time” conception. Transport, (5). https://doi.org/10.3846/transport.2018.7112
- Żak, J., Hadas, Y., & Rossi, R. (2018). Advanced Concepts, Methodologies and Technologies for Transportation and Logistics. Cham, Switzerland: Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1547770