Introduction to Financial Accounting
- The aim of the course is to provide students with the basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills in financial accounting and analysis.
- Demonstrate an innovative, open and ethical mindset.
- Have an idea about the place and the role of financial accounting in the system of management of the economic entity.
- Have basic practical skills in financial accounting and analysis.
- Understand the conceptual framework of accounting and the purpose, structure and content of the financial reporting in the modern market economy.
- Understand the essence of accounting terms and to use them properly.
- Use analytical skills and apply them to solve practical problems.
- Topic 1. What is accounting and it's role in business
- Topic 2. Financial Statements and Accounting Principles
- Topic 3. The bookkeeping process and transaction analysis
- Topic 4. Fundamental interpretations made from financial statement data
- Final exam testIndividual, in-class, open-book, in SmartLMS. Each question in the test = 1 point.
- In-class activitiesQuestions and exercises; individual or in small groups, open book, in SmartLMS
- Financial accounting, Libby, R., 2016
- Weygandt, J. J., Kieso, D. E., & Kimmel, P. D. (2017). Financial Accounting (Vol. Tenth edition). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1639274
- BPP LEARNING MEDIA. (2017). FIA FOUNDATIONS OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FFA (ACCA F3) : Passcards. BPP Learning Media.