Methodology of Contemporary Asian Studies
- • To outline the specificity of scientific research in comparison with other forms of cognitive activity, to make an assessment of main criteria of scientific knowledge; • To discuss the criteria of scientific methods, to present their hierarchy; • To distinguish the difference between multi-disciplinary, trans-disciplinary and interdisciplinary research methods; • To comprehensively explore the specificity of historical, political, sociological, economic, marketing and methods with relevance to the Master Program profile; • To hold interactive training discussions aimed at revising the subject material.
- Be aware of the way scientific methods function in carrying out research
- Hard Skills: accomplish time-pressing and intellectually-demanding tasks relevant to the course profile;
- Critically reflect on application, as well as on applicability, of different scientific methods in resolving research tasks; Be able to adapt the subject material to their practical needs, from research articles to course papers and Master theses.
- To understand the specificity of scientific knowledge vs other forms of cognitive activity; Ti distinguish between different research methods in their hierarchy, assess multi-disciplinary, trans-disciplinary and interdisciplinary ones;
- Contemporary Research in Social Science and Humanities: Objectives, Concepts and Principles
- Class attendance
- Class participation
- Written examA written answer (Module 1) - 30% of the examination grade, a critical review (Module 1) - 20% of the examination grade, an essay (Module 2) - 50% of the examination grade.
- 2021/2022 2nd module0.2 * Class attendance + 0.6 * Written exam + 0.2 * Class participation
- Mike Lambert. (2019). Practical Research Methods in Education : An Early Researcher’s Critical Guide. Routledge.
- Research methodology : a step-by-step guide for beginners, Kumar, R., 2014
- Social research methods, Bryman, A., 2012
- Writing your master's thesis : from A to Zen, Nygaard, L. P., 2017
- Advances in political methodology, , 2017
- How to write a lot : a practical guide to productive academic writing, Silvia, P. J., 2019
- Introduction to international relations : theories and approaches, Jackson, R., 2013
- Methodological thinking : basic principles of social research design, Loseke, D. R., 2017