Geopolitics and its Influence on Business
- The course geopolitics and its influence on business has set itself a concrete objective: to train entrepreneurs armed with real business intelligence allowing them to identify business opportunities with subtlety, to seize them promptly, while building a sufficiently flexible organizational model, so that it can adapt to an eminently changing and fluid context.
- Understanding the cultural background in order to avoid business failures.
- Understanding the geopolitical context in order to limit the business risks.
- Understanding the specific human context so as to put in place sustainable deals.
- Lecture 1 – Individual character profile and business
- Lecture 2 – When businessmen were confronted to the psychology of crowds
- Lecture 3 – Permanent connection and the individualisation of business offers.
- Lecture 4 – National characters and its application to business.
- Lecture 5 – Operating in various civilisational contexts
- Lecture 6 – Tensions on the continents and its impact on business
- Lecture 7 – Maritime confrontations and its economic consequences
- Lecture 8 – Geopolitics seen from the sky
- Lecture 9 – Civil war and business
- Lecture 10 – The economic impact of epidemics
- Lecture 11 – The geopolitics of finance
- Lecture 12 - Dedollarisation
- Lecture 13 – The world in 2040, the American view
- Lecture 14 – A French perception of geoeconomics in 2040
- Oral examination
- Written projectStudents are expected to submit a two-page (max.1,000 words) description of a business case.
- Bernays, E. L., & Miller, M. C. (2005). Propaganda. Ig Publishing.
- Blaise Pascal. (2021). Thoughts - Pensées. Otbebookpublishing.
- Francis Bacon. (2020). The New Atlantis: Vol. Digital Original. Open Road Media.
- Gustave le Bon. (2020). Psychology of Crowds. Sparkling Books Limited.
- Tarde, G. de. (1962). The laws of imitation /.
- Maeterlinck, M., & Sutro, A. (1913). The life of the bee,.
- Taine, H. 1828-1893., & Durand, J. 1822-1908. (1878). The origins of contemporary France .