About the program
Mission and premise: only by engaging with Russia’s peoples, language, social norms and practices in everyday life you can really develop a deep understanding of Russia’s culture and its place in Eurasian and post-Soviet space
Key advantages of the Programme:
- Studying at a leading Russian university in one of the world’s cultural capitals
- High quality of teaching with a team of experienced instructors of Russian as a Second Language
- Specialized courses taught in English by key experts on Russia, Eurasia, and post-Soviet space with teaching experience at American colleges and universities
- Taking classes taught in English together with Russian and international peers
- Ample opportunities for students to participate in the intellectual and cultural life of HSE
- Total immersion in the Russian language and culture, including an excursion to Moscow and opportunities to be involved in student life
- Integrated internships at HSE or partner organizations in the summer following the semester-long program
"The program at HSE opened our eyes and introduced a new perspective that we would not have otherwise had available to us in the US. The professors were fantastic and not only gave us a solid foundation for understanding Russia, it’s people, history, culture, and politics, but they also gave us the tools necessary to continue to learn and build upon our experience here in Russia".
Seanna Creech, Mount Holyoke College
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.