Management Strategies: Strategic Management and Marketing in the Hospitality Industry and Tourism
- to provide first year undergraduates with an introduction to the tourism industry, major industry development trends, basic project management information and marketing fundamentals
- Knowledge of the main components and characteristics of the development and management of tourism
- The ability to conduct marketing analysis of the market, use the basic marketing tools.
- 1. Introduction into tourism.Tourism industry: components of tourism product, classification of types of tourism, main stakeholders. Tour operators and travel agencies.
- 2. Impact of tourism industry.Tourism and GDP, role of tourism, 4 A’s of tourism. Economic, social, ecological impact of tourism.
- 3. Economic indicators of tourismMultiplier effect. Direct Travel and Tourism GDP, part of global employment, visitor exports, investment. Direct, indirect, induces contribution Travel and Tourism.
- 4. Geography of tourism.Top destinations. Tourism leaders of inbound and outbound tourism. Reasons and consequences.
- 5. Introduction into project management.Types of projects. Main functions of managements. Process of project managements, components, elements, main steps.
- 6. Main Marketing Definitions and Concepts. STPStrategic marketing in the hospitality and tourism industry. Consumer behavior. Features of the hospitality and tourism market. B2B and B2C markets. Model Abel. Comparative analysis matrices. Types of segmentation. Lifestyle consumer. BCG, GE, McKinsey, MABA.
- 7. Marketing EnvironmentExternal and internal marketing environment. Macro and microenvironment of international marketing. The political and legal environment, their role in international marketing. PEST / PESTEL analysis tools, Porter's 5 forces and their modification in international marketing.
- 8. Market ResearchThe process of choosing a foreign market and the direction of marketing research. Types of marketing research. Sources of information for international marketing activities. Features of the collection of primary data in the markets.
- 9. Marketing Planning and StrategiesStrategic marketing planning. SWOT / TOWS analysis. Model Ansoff. Strategic hours. Strategies and forms of market penetration. Strategy development process. Mission-vision-goals. Marketing planning The structure of the marketing plan.
- 10. Marketing ToolsMarketing mix. Pricing methods and price decision factors. Types of pricing policy. Features of the organization of distribution in the tourism sector. Factors affecting the choice of distribution channel in marketing. Features of promotion in the tourism sector.
- 11. Marketing Communications and BrandingThe structure and characteristics of the communicative complex in international marketing. AIDA model. Sales funnel. Sales promotion, PR and direct marketing marketing. Making decisions in advertising.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.402 * Class activities + 0.4 * Project Assessment + 0.198 * Written task
- Izushi, H., & Huggins, R. (2011). Competition, Competitive Advantage, and Clusters : The Ideas of Michael Porter. Oxford: OUP Oxford. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=438463
- Kotler, P., & Kotler, M. (2012). Market Your Way to Growth : 8 Ways to Win. New York: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=518336
- Sherlekar, S. A., & Sherlekar, V. S. (2010). Global Marketing Management : (under Value-based Integrated Customerised Approach) (Vol. Rev. ed). Mumbai [India]: Himalaya Publishing House. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=332271
- Кирьянова Л. Г.-МАРКЕТИНГ И БРЕНДИНГ ТУРИСТСКИХ ДЕСТИНАЦИЙ. Учебное пособие для магистратуры-М.:Издательство Юрайт,2019-264-Университеты России-978-5-9916-9266-3: -Текст электронный // ЭБС Юрайт - https://biblio-online.ru/book/marketing-i-brending-turistskih-destinaciy-434442