Higher Schools of Economics maintains a rating system for students, which is based on marks, received for all the disciplines.The rating is formed separately for each course group twice a year (after every semester). It allows students to assess its own study results among other students while also gives additional bonuses, such as possibilities to take part in the academic mobility, special stipends or guaranteed participance in most popular elective courses.
General information about rating system, formulas and possibilitites for high-rated students one can find here
HSE regulations on student rating (available in Russian only)
Ratings appear on Programme site according to the following graph:
- Current rating before reexamination for 1st semster – January 20th ;
- Current rating before reexamination for 2nd semster – July 20th ;
- Current rating after reexamination for 1st semester – March 10th;
- Current rating after reexamination for 2nd semester - October 25th ;
- Cumulative rating - March 10th and October 25th .
Current rating before reexamination for Year 2 students - 1st semester, 2018/2019
Students may appeal against published rating resutls, grades indicated or any mistakes in the rating results within two office days after the publication.