International Admissions to graduate (Master) studies at HSE – Saint Petersburg
Pathway 1: international admission
International admission provides opportunity for any international applicant to enroll to a self-funded place and to compete for the HSE Gold Scholarship or HSE Top Applicant Scholarship.
Advantages of international admission:
- early start of application period – November 15, 2017
- online application
- international admission to the graduate studies is based upon application assessment and Skype interview
- applicants with high score for the application assessment (including Skype interview) may be awarded with the HSE Top Scholarship providing up to 50% discount off the tuition fee
- applicants with the top scores for the application assessment (including Skype interview) may compete to be nominated for the HSE Gold Scholarship that provides full tuition fee waiver and a monthly scholarship
- within international admission international applicants compete with other international applicants only, not with Russian applicants
At least a Bachelor degree (any subject field) or an equivalent, duly legalized and notary translated into Russian language, is required for admission to HSE graduate studies at the stage of enrollment. A university transcript may be submitted instead of university diploma at the stage of application.
IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL iBT 80 or equivalent is required to enroll to an English-taught graduate programme unless an applicant is an English native or has completed previous studies in English language, subject to confirmation. [КС1]
Application deadline for international admission – July 15, 2018
Learn more about admission requirements and application procedures at our website: http://spb.hse.ru/admissions
Enquire us about international admission details via firstname.lastname@example.org
or simply APPLY NOW ONLINE!
Pathway 2: participation in HSE’s international competitions
Foreign nationals can secure a place at our graduate programmes through participation in HSE’s international competitions. Learn more and register at https://olymp.hse.ru/en/
Pathway 3: general admission (limited eligibility)
Following international applicants are eligible to apply for state-funded (free of fees) place or for a self-funded place at our graduate programmes along with Russian applicants:
1) citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kirgizia (national passport must be provided)
2) citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kirgizia, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine permanently residing in Russia (permanent residence document must be provided)
3) Living Abroad Compatriots (Compatriot status confirmation must be provided according to Federal Law N99-ФЗ dated 24.05.1999)
Please check your eligibility before applying through the general admission!
Please note: within the general admission international applicants will compete with Russian applicants and may have to take in-person admission exams in Advanced Math, Economics etc. subject to the programme. According to our statistics, general admission is much more difficult for international applicants than international admission.
Learn more about the general admission on https://spb.hse.ru/abiturient (only available in Russian language)
Enquire us about general admission details via email@example.com