Sociology of Childhood and Adolescence
- Формирование представлений о феноменах детства и подростковости
- Освоение современных социологических подходов к их изучению
- The student is able to summarise and reproduce the lesson material, evaluate it, express/write his/her own point of view, offer his/her own interpretation
- The student is able to independently search for relevant scientific sources and conduct an independent analysis of them.
- The student has skills in working with scholarly sources in English and knows the main trends in contemporary international sociology of childhood and adolescence.
- The student applies knowledge of theoretical approaches to planning a sociological study on childhood and adolescence
- Is able to identify socially relevant problems of childhood and adolescence on the basis of material analysis and suggest measures to solve them on the basis of the knowledge acquired in the course.
- The student demonstrates the ability to choose a methodological framework and develop a programme and tools for sociological research.
- The student demonstrates proficiency in sociological research methods while analysing the phenomena of childhood and adolescence
- Theme 1: " Child " and " adolescent ": A history of phenomena and conceptsThe age and approaches to its analysis. A sociological and cultural approach to the analysis of age groups. Social construction and development of perceptions of childhood and adolescence. Philippe Ariès on the history of childhood. Neil Postman on the disappearance of childhood. Historical evolution of images of childhood in society. Adolescence as a twentieth-century phenomenon. Kidult as a social phenomenon
- Theme 2: Sociology of childhood and adolescence: history of development, main theoretical approachesResearch on childhood and adolescence: history and main disciplinary approaches. Psychological and sociological approaches to understanding childhood. Socialisation theory. The "new" sociology of childhood
- Theme 3: Childhood and adolescence in the context of structural conditionsThe institutionalisation of the world of childhood and adolescence. The child and adolescent in the context of family, education, political and economic institutions.
- Theme 4: Everyday life and cultural practices of childhood and adolescenceThe everyday world of childhood and adolescence, structure and function. The agency of the child in the context of work, family, education.