Digital Business Transformation
- Understanding the history of industry development from mid XVII century till now
- Knowledge about Industry 4.0, current status and expectations about further industry development processes
- Detailed understanding about 9 aspects of digital transformation
- Knowledge about 3 IT platforms and how they support the industry development
- Understanding of difference between digital companies and companies to be digitalized
- Ability to make an analysis of competitive landscape in a particular industry
- High level understanding of main technologies which drive digital transformation
- Understanding of social and humanitarian consequences of massive digital transformation
- Able to analyze the process of digital transformation of a particular company
- Able to analyze different aspects of competitive landscape in a concrete business sector
- Able to generate suggestions of technologies implementation in a company which needs to be transformed
- Able to analyze an IT platform being used by a company and provide SWOT analysis for it
- Able to correlate a narrow technology with a particular point on the Gartner hype cycle
- Has a high level understanding of the following technologies: cloud computing, data analytics, distributed ledger, VR/AR, bioinformatics, internet of things, machine learning
- Industrial revolutionsOverview of 3 industrial revolutions. More detailed consideration of Industry 4.0
- Digital transformationDifferent definitions of digital transformation. Difference between automation, digitalization and digital transformation. Companies born digital and “old fashion” companies need to be transformed. Economical behavior of companies of different types in the era of digital revolution.
- Economics of innovationVideo lecture. Constant disruptions as the hallmark of the digital age. Nature of the competitive life cycle in digital era. Underlying economics of innovation and technological change.
- 3 platforms in ITOverview of IT platforms development since mid 20th century. Key features of the third platform to support digital transformation: cloud, mobile, social networks and big data.
- Technologies overviewVideo lecture. Key drivers of digital transformation, opportunities they have already established and the challenges they bring. Emerging trends and technologies.
- Most demanded technologiesCloud computing. Big data analysis. Internet of things. Distributed ledger. Bioinformatics. VR/AR. “Schedule”of technologies implementation
- Practice of digital transformationReal positive and negative examples of transformation. Social consequences. Transformation in different industries. Myths and barriers of digital transformation. New professional requirements for involved employees.
- attendance of lectures
- final presentation
- short presentations and tasks completed/presented during the seminar
- short test#2
- short test#1
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.15 * attendance of lectures + 0.4 * final presentation + 0.25 * short presentations and tasks completed/presented during the seminar + 0.1 * short test#1 + 0.1 * short test#2
- Westerman, G., McAfee, A., & Bonnet, D. (2014). Leading Digital : Turning Technology Into Business Transformation. Harvard Business Review Press.
- Schwab, K., & Davis, N. (2018). Shaping the Future of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Vol. First American edition). New York: Currency. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1735840