Research Seminar "International Business Operations Management"
- Understand the international business environment
- Understand tools of analysis in international business
- Understand the link between operations process characteristics and other strategic choices
- Understand how to assess process efficiency and effectiveness
- Understand variability in the environment, processes, and organization
- Explain basic concepts in operations management
- Explain the effects of the international business environment on operations management
- Use organizational analysis tools to evaluate international business organizations’ structure and processes
- Describe various types of production systems
- Describe the major factors that affect location decisions, and list the decision processes
- Explain the roles that operations can play within organizational strategy, and models of international market entry
- Describe computer assisted tools: MRP, ERP, CAD, CAM, etc
- Discuss recent topics in operations management (TQM, National assessments, Industry 4.0, etc.
- EDX MOOC: OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT: Audit This Course
- The International Business Environment
- Operations Strategy
- Industry 4.0
- Computer Based Enterprise Management Systems
- Manufacturing Quality & Cultural Vales
- Interim assessment (1 module)
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.25 * class activities + 0.25 * exam + 0.25 * test 1 + 0.25 * test 2
- Andrew Greasley. (2008). Operations Management. SAGE Publications Ltd.
- BarCharts, I. (2014). Operations Management. QuickStudy Reference Guides.
- Kumar, S. A., & Suresh, N. (2009). Operations Management. New Age International.