Term papers and Master theses
A term paper is important stage in higher education. During this process, the student performs independent creative work dedicated to solving a particular socio-economic or socio-administrative problem with elements of scientific analysis, reflecting the acquired theoretical knowledge and practical skills, the ability to analyze literature and sources, make detailed and well-grounded conclusions. While writing a term paper, the student should make maximum use of the knowledge gained during the study of general and special courses.
The term paper is designed to deepen the knowledge of students in the disciplines studied, obtained by them during theoretical and practical classes, to instill in them the skills of independent analysis of the material, research activities, and also to teach how to select, study and summarize materials from sources of information on paper and electronic media. Term paper involving project activities has the status of a term project.
Preparation of materials and writing a term paper is one of the most laborious processes performed by students during their studies at a university. Work on term paper is reduced to the following stages:
- The choice of the topic of the term paper. Takes place until November 20 of the current year.
- Preliminary study of literature on the topic.
- Preparation of a draft of term paper. Approval takes place before December 25 of the current year.
- Specification of the necessary elements of the term paper.
- Collection and systematization of literature.
- Writing the main part of the work.
- Writing an introduction and conclusion.
- Registration of term paper at the department.
- Defense of term paper.
Term paper Guidelines of degree programme "Global and Regional History" (DOCX, 28 Кб)
In addition, you may find detailed information on the terms and requirements for the MA thesis in guidelines below: