Historical Textual Criticism
- knowledge of how to analyze key features of text and narrative as historical sources, including the issues surrounding texts’ authorship and edition, and its status as original or copy.
- ability to contextualize historical sources, characterize different texts and narratives, and apply various approaches to the textual analysis
- learned skills of historical analysis of texts in practice of research
- understanding theoretical and methodological issues in the analysis of texts and narrative theory, such as fictionality, narrative instances, focalization, plot, discourse, and their implications to historical research
- The inquisitor.
- Language games.
- Facts and scientific texts.
- The cultural biography of things.
- Archival turn.
- 2021/2022 3rd module
- 2021/2022 4th module0.5 * final essay exam + 0.5 * review essay
- Verdery, K. (2014). Secrets and Truths : Ethnography in the Archive of Romania’s Secret Police. Budapest: Central European University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=714232
- Shapin, S. (2008). The Scientific Life : A Moral History of a Late Modern Vocation. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=285089