How to Apply
Apply using the online application form. Detailed information on the specifics of the application process is available here.
Instructions on how to use the application form can be found here. Applications may be submitted in English or in Russian.
Pathway 1: international admission
The application period for 2019-2020 intake is open from October 15, 2018 till August 20, 2019.
Applications submitted before February 28, 2019 will be considered for full tuition fee scholarships (HSE Gold Scholarship). Scholarships are awarded to the restricted number of highly qualified applicants. No additional application for scholarship is required.
Applications submitted within the period from March 1, 2019 till August 20, 2019 will be considered for self-paid seats. Tuition fee waivers are available – 25%, 50% % of the tuition fee per year. The rate depends on results upon passing the entrance trials.
Entrance trials include a portfolio competition and an interview. The portfolio includes the following documents: CV, motivation letter, at least one recommendation letter, as well as a copy of the bachelor's degree.
Advantages of international admission:
- early start of application period
- online application
- international admission to the graduate studies is based upon application assessment and Skype interview
- applicants with high score for the application assessment (including Skype interview) may be awarded with the HSE Top Scholarship providing up to 50% discount off the tuition fee
- applicants with the top scores for the application assessment (including Skype interview) may compete to be nominated for the HSE Gold Scholarship that provides full tuition fee waiver and a monthly scholarship
- within international admission international applicants compete with other international applicants only, not with Russian applicants
- only applications submitted before February 28, 2019 will be considered for full tuition scholarships. Tuition free scholarships are awarded to the restricted number of highly qualified applicants.
At least a Bachelor degree (any subject field) or an equivalent, duly legalized and notary translated into Russian language, is required for admission to HSE graduate studies at the stage of enrollment. A university transcript may be submitted instead of university diploma at the stage of application.
IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL iBT 80 or equivalent is required to enroll to an English-taught graduate programme unless an applicant is an English native or has completed previous studies in English language, subject to confirmation.
For more information about application procedure, please visit this page.
If you have any questions concerning international admissions, please email us email@example.com
or give us a call +7 (812) 644 59 11 ext. 61593.
or simply APPLY NOW ONLINE!
Pathway 2: participation in HSE’s international competitions
Foreign nationals can secure a place at our graduate programmes through participation in HSE’s international competitions. Learn more and register at https://olymp.hse.ru/en/
Pathway 3: general admission (limited eligibility)
Following international applicants are eligible to apply for state-funded (free of fees) place or for a self-funded place at our graduate programmes along with Russian applicants:
- citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kirgizia (national passport must be provided)
- citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kirgizia, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine permanently residing in Russia (permanent residence document must be provided)
- Living Abroad Compatriots (Compatriot status confirmation must be provided according to Federal Law N99-ФЗ dated 24.05.1999)
Please check your eligibility before applying through the general admission!
Please note: within the general admission international applicants will compete with Russian applicants. According to our statistics, general admission is much more difficult for international applicants than international admission.
Learn more about the general admission on https://spb.hse.ru/abiturient (only available in Russian language)
Enquire us about general admission details via firstname.lastname@example.org