- To provide theoretical knowledge in the field of tax planning.
- To provide, master and reinforce skills in calculating tax savings and in applying methods of tax planning in companies and financial institutions.
- To form system-related and professional competences.
- Selection of the company's accounting and tax policy, adoption of financial decisions, selection of taxation regimes that enhance the efficiency of the company To apply scientific methods and methods of activity in the conduct of their own research Interpret the information obtained during the study of literature, the practice of companies Justify the structure of tax policy
- Calculate the need for external financing and justify the sources of its receipt in order to optimize taxes Build a forecasted model of tax liabilities. Calculate the tax burden of the company, identify all tax liabilities
- Topic 1. Tax and taxation: fundamentalsThe place of taxes in curubent economic relations. Types of taxes. The evolution of objects of taxation. Institutions in taxation. The individualization of the tax institution. Related institutions in taxation. Basic principles of taxation.
- Topic 2. Corporate income taxationTaxation system: content and structure. Basic concepts of tax policy. Recent changes in the system. Specific features of the tax policy model. Specific features of property, income and transaction tax regimes. Corporate tax application. Business profits as taxable income. Annual taxable profits. Future costs and interest. Limitations of certain taxation models. Natural resources taxes. Property taxes.
- Topic 3. Corporate taxationSpecific features of corporations. Corporate tax application. Main types of corporate taxes. Application of corporate tax in different business areas. Specific features of the taxation of oil and gas companies. Issues of combating transfer pricing. Distribution of profits among investors. Tax breaks. Social taxes.
- Topic 4. Individual taxationTypes of individual taxes. Tax payers, the object of taxation and tax base. General principles of tax base calculation. Tax-exempt income. Tax deductions. Property taxation. Individual tax plans.
- Topic 5. Tax planning on the corporate levelConcepts of tax planning. The role of tax planning in the financial system of a company. Tax planning stages. Tax planning classification. Principles and stages of tax planning. Limitations of tax planning.
- Topic 6. International corporate tax planningTax planning in the global economy. Taxation systems around the world. Types of tax planning in foreign countries. International planning trends. Double taxation treaties.
- Topic 7. Planning specific types of corporate taxes.Profits tax planning. Tax planning for small business. Indirect tax optimization. Corporate property tax optimization. Optimization of social insurance contributions.
- Topic 8. Taxation risks. Risk management and taxationMain taxation risks. Developing a risk management system for corporate taxation. The impact of risks on corporate taxation systems.
- Written papers
- Home assignments
- Seminar participation
- ExamThe exam is close-booked; the students may have only an A4 paper with necessary formulae, that they prepared themselves. Duration: 90 minutes (two academic hours). The examination consists of multiple choice questions, numerical problems and open questions that require an extensive answer.
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.5 * Exam + 0.2 * Home assignments + 0.1 * Seminar participation + 0.2 * Written papers
- Frecknall-Hughes, J. (2015). The Theory, Principles and Management of Taxation : An Introduction. London: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=861906
- James R. Hines, J. (2000). International Taxation and Multinational Activity. National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.b.nbr.nberbk.hine00.1
- Ulrich Schreiber. (2013). International Company Taxation. Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.b.spr.sptbec.978.3.642.36306.1
- Мельничук М.В. и др - TAXES AND TAXATION / Английский язык. Налоги и налогообложение. (Бакалавриат). Учебное пособие - КноРус - 2019 - 192с. - ISBN: 978-5-406-06924-0 - Текст электронный // ЭБС BOOKRU - URL: https://book.ru/book/932001
- Пансков В. Г. - НАЛОГИ И НАЛОГООБЛОЖЕНИЕ 6-е изд., пер. и доп. Учебник и практикум для прикладного бакалавриата - М.:Издательство Юрайт - 2019 - 436с. - ISBN: 978-5-534-06064-5 - Текст электронный // ЭБС ЮРАЙТ - URL: https://urait.ru/book/nalogi-i-nalogooblozhenie-431769
- Gareth D. Myles. (2009). Economic Growth and the Role of Taxation-Theory. OECD Economics Department Working Papers. https://doi.org/10.1787/222800633678
- Martin Ruf, & Alfons J. Weichenrieder. (2012). The taxation of passive foreign investment: lessons from German experience. Canadian Journal of Economics, (4), 1504. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.a.cje.issued.v45y2012i4p1504.1528
- Mertens, K., & Ravn, M. (2013). The Dynamic Effects of Personal and Corporate Income Tax Changes in the United States. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.29926DF4
- Posthuma, R. A., Campion, M. C., Masimova, M., & Campion, M. A. (2013). A High Performance Work Practices Taxonomy: Integrating the Literature and Directing Future Research. Journal of Management, 39(5), 1184–1220. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206313478184
- Samuelson, P. (2019). Legally Speaking Questioning a New Intellectual Property Right for Press Publishers: Considering the implications of the “link tax” provision of the proposed EU Directive for the Digital Single Market for traditional press publishers. Communications of the ACM, 62(3), 20–23. https://doi.org/10.1145/3306610
- Варламова А.И., Дигтяр О.Ю., Мельничук М.В., Осипова В.М. - Английский язык. Налоги и налогообложение=TAXES AND TAXATION. (Бакалавриат) - КноРус - 2020 - 192с. - ISBN: 978-5-406-07589-0 - Текст электронный // ЭБС BOOKRU - URL: https://book.ru/book/933500