Topicality, goals, and objectives of the program
Nowadays the sector of culture and creative industries faces a range of global challenges. The most significant trends of the XXI century include digitalization, transformation of business models of providing services, new demands on the market, new patterns of customers’ behavior, new culture practices, intensifying competition, and new alternative past time activities. An important task of art, culture, and creative industries, on one hand, is to realize creativity, on the other hand, is to create and implement new forms of interactions with customers. The most important trend in engaging with customers is creating experience.
Keeping in mind the aforementioned conditions, the approaches to managing the industry and properties of creating and spearheading business projects within creative industries are changing. Staff training is becoming crucial in management specifically in the experience industries, with ever growing demand for specialists capable of analyzing the market trends, understanding the nature of global as well as local challenges, capable of implementing new business models in the experience industry, reacting promptly and skillfully to new demands, and come to analysis-based decisions.
The core goal of the Master’s program ‘Arts and Culture Management’ is to train leaders in management of experience industry and creative entrepreneurship. The program provides managers in art, culture, and creative industries with analytical skills, understanding global trends and complex mechanisms in the unique market of the experience industry, peculiarities of business processes in this particular market in the state of digitalization, skills necessary to create innovative start-ups in the experience industry. The program graduates will be in demand in art, creative industries, cultural tourism, entertainment, and creative entrepreneurship. Today, when creativity and the need to create experience is becoming reality for many industries, the program graduates will be in demand in non-creative industries as well (for positions of creative directors).
Programme Arts and Culture Management aims to provide students with competences:
- manage business projects in art, culture, and creative sector;
- create sustainable competitive advantages for the creative company and creative business project;
- evaluate the organization's activities and analyze the state of being and opportunity of creative business projects;
- create, discover and asses opportunity of launching a new venture in art, cultural and creative sector;
- develop and apply entrepreneurial thinking and creative leadership skills;
- develop competencies of managing events, applying new methods for organizing and promoting events;
- deep understanding of the business processes in the creative economy;
- know the legal regulation in the field of the creative economy;
- elaborate data-driven marketing strategies in art and culture sectors;
- lead research and consulting business projects in art, culture and creative industries.